Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

94 f150 5.0l turns over, won't start. f pump new, sitting 6 years.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 f150 5.0l turns over, won't start. f pump new, sitting 6 years.

94 ford f150 5.0, won't start, new fuel pump, filter, fuel rail, good. Plugs, good. With turn over with starter fuel. Spout plug was melted. It may not be spout plug. Evap line not connected to anything . Please help me get it running need a way to work and back.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:38 AM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

Did you pull the injectors out and clean them, probably clogged solid after sitting six years. You can buy the electrical lead at the parts house, then hook up a can of carb cleaner with some hose. Open them up using the battery and blow them out.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:21 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Bad gas in the tank.. unless you cleaned it out during pump install.. agree on injectors..
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

The injectors don't have to be removed, and the cleaner (I prefer Berryman's B-12 pour-in from WM) can go in the tank (which should NOT be close to full). With the key in RUN and everything turned OFF, pierce one wire on one injector (NOT the Red wire) with a stickpin, and hold the pin to grounded metal (the intake manifold is handy) for a few seconds. Listen CAREFULLY for a faint "click". When you've heard 1/2 as many clicks as there are injectors (3 on my 4.9L; 4 on your 5.0L), remove the pin & repeat on an injector with a different-color wire (still NOT the Red wire). Immediately try to start the engine. If it runs badly for more than a minute, shut it off & repeat the process once (some of the injectors will open together immediately, so you might not hear each one separately), before trying to start it again. If one or 2 cylinders are still missing, jumper the DLC to hold the fuel pump ON while repeating the process one more time (but only briefly, or you'll hydraulic the engine with gas). That should blow out the last of the goo and get the injectors working enough to let the cleaner get in.

I've done this on 3 engines so far, and each one has been running well for several years since.

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

This shows the injector wire colors at the top center going to EEC pins #58-59:

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: 94 f150 5.0l turns over, won't start. f pump new, sitting 6 years.