Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

87 300i6 has me stumped

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 300i6 has me stumped

Ok im new to the forum and if theres already a thread covering this i havent found it so here it goes. Ive never really been a ford fanatic and i had a specific set of requirement a truck had to meet in order for it to come home with me and this truck just so happened to meet all of them. It has the only ford motor that ive ever liked its a 4 speed, 4 wheel drive with manual hubs and its a long bed best of all it was only 750 bucks but it wouldnt charge got it home and the guy i bought it from had wired the solenoid backwards so new solenoid and an alternator and it ran fine and i drove it a while then one day it just decides to screw up. It now runs great for a little while and you wouldnt think it had a problem in the world till it heats up then it spits sputters and dies. I first thought it was a fuel problem but both pumps and a new filter and still no improvement. Took the ignition control module in and it tested good so unless its the pick up or the coil im out of ideas. Its not throwing codes that i can tell so hookin it to a computer wont tell me much. Ill admit im no master mechanic and im learnin as i go but im stumped. Any advice is more than welcome and sorry that i wrote you guys a book.

Quick Reply: 87 300i6 has me stumped