Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

86' f150 - hesitation/stalling

Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 86' f150 - hesitation/stalling

Hello all! I have an 86' F150 300L, Straightpiped.

I have been getting things fixed left and right, the most recent was a brand new radiator that fixed an issue of the truck running hot, and glowing manifolds.

The the underlying problem still does remain.

On hot days, I can cold start the truck or let it sit for more than 30 minutes, and it drives fine. If i drive it a fair distance, let it warm up. Shut it off and then come out 5 or so minutes later to start it, it starts fairly rough, but smooths out. And when giving acceleration it cuts out, and even stalls sometimes. More often than not it studders and wont allow me to go over say 45 mph or 25 mph depending on the gear, then about 30 seconds later it straightens out.

The vacuum lines are fine. The spark plugs, wires, distributor ect... is all new, and had those checked as well and fine. The engine is fine, all of these were checked when the radiator was replaced. I was hoping that it would fix this issue, but it didnt.

Im at my wits end, I just want my truck back to normal. It only does this on hot days, any suggestions are helpful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 86' f150 - hesitation/stalling