Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

5.4 3 valve wont run after timing chains

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.4 3 valve wont run after timing chains

2004 ford F150 5.4 timing chains all changed and wont run hardly at all. All my timing marks were all line up when installed. The truck ran when broght to me. But it was so bad the chain wore through the timing cover. The only code thar came up was lean on bank 2. Will not go over 40 and it take forever to get there. Feels like its only running on 1 bank.

Also have the same problem with a Lincoln Mark LT. So im not sure if i did something or if any one else has had the same problem as me. Just odd both vehicles have the same problem after timing chains were replaced. I've done 6 of these before these 2 and never had a problem with them once done. They ran like brand new trucks. Any help would be great.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

do both trucks run different now then before timing chain were replaced?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=DarrinT04;6151967]do both trucks run different now then before timing chain were replaced?[/QUOTE.

Both customers drove them to my shop. And now they barely go down the road. I've done a KAM reset on both and still the same. Wasn't sure if maybe i disturbed something with a vacuum line or wiring harness.

Quick Reply: 5.4 3 valve wont run after timing chains