"4x4 Temporarily Disabled" - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"4x4 Temporarily Disabled"

Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM

Default "4x4 Temporarily Disabled"

2016 F150 Lariat FX4. During this last snow storm I was using the 4x4 for the first time. I put it in 4H and it seemed to work OK for a couple seconds but when I actually needed the extra front traction it would disengage and a message would rear "4x4 temporarily disabled" and it would never re-engage untill I turn the 4x4 off. Then it would read "4x4 restored." the manual says it will disable itself when it overheats but there's no way it is overheated because it disables the second i need it. It also seems to work OK while driving with traction but as soon as I start spinning it disables. I can not find anything about this on Google or the forums. If anybody has had experience with this I would appreciate some feedback on what it could possibly be.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:51 PM

Replied to your other post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "4x4 Temporarily Disabled"

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: