Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2018 10 speed transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 10 speed transmission issues

Hey Yall!

I purchased my truck new 5 months ago and it currently has 17000 miles on it.

I am experiencing shuddering and hard shifting in the transmission both accelerating and decelerating.

Prior to making a drive from North GA to Orlando I had the truck checked out my local Ford dealership and they updated the computer software and suggested that should correct the problem. It did not.

Last Wednesday while returning to Georgia from Orlando, Fl I had two incidents of a very significant jolt in the transmission while accelerating from about 60 to 75 mph on the interstate. The first time felt like the truck had been hit by another car. The second time was not as dramatic. Both times the transmission immediately returned to normal operation.

Upon my return to my GA I went back to the same dealership and had them check out the truck again. They were unable to find any problems but did reprogram my transmission again, with no improvement. This problem seems to be getting worse.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Thank you.

Mike
Old 06-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Purchasing this year!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike,

I’m having the same problem. It’s very intermittent but the first time was a couple of weeks ago. It just happened to me again today.

I have a 2018 lariat with the V-8. Less than 10,000 miles on it. When it happened today I had been accelerating and noticed a slow-moving car further ahead in my lane so I let off the accelerator and when I did that; the change in the transmission were I not rolling along I would’ve thought someone rear ended me or I rear-ended someone else. That’s how significant the jerk was. There was a very audible clunk as well. This is the most serious of the events. Started out with a little hesitancy or rough shift.

Probably gonna make a service appointment but not keen to be stuck in a loaner grrr
Old 06-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Default trans

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to know it's not just me.

Mike
Old 06-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

https://www.f150online.com/forums/tr...0-10speed.html

You all aren't the only ones having problems.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:59 PM

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

My truck shifts awful in the cold, under 15 deg., until it warms up a bit. Major hesitation from a stop, talking a few seconds. Need to push really hard on gas pedal. It is dangerous going through the round abouts here.
The following users liked this post:
faste (01-30-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 11:44 PM

I have the same issues and then some. My problems occur regardless of the temp. Today it was 33 degrees and I was attempting to accelerate into the interstate when the truck just stopped accelerating for 3 to 5 seconds no matter how hard I pushed the accelerator. This caused a semi behind me to hit his brakes hard to avoid hitting me. Not the first time this has happened. I also have issues going from park to drive or park to reverse. Sometimes the transmission slams hard into gear. There are other issues as well. I have hired an attorney and am requesting the vehicle be replaced under Washington States Lemon law. I have met all the requirements and should have my arbitration hearing within 2 to 3 weeks. I have driven Ford vehicles since 1994 and this leaves me very disappointed in how slow Ford has been to address this problem.

Mike
Old 01-22-2020, 12:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Same here If I slow down then gas on it again it jerks and makes a sound Almost thought it was u joints but I checked them and they are good. Hope this isn't causing a problem

Quick Reply: 2018 10 speed transmission issues