Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2017 F150 rear end clunk/pop over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 F150 rear end clunk/pop over bumps

Hey guys I have a 2017 F150 with 9000km on it, purchased new in February. At first the truck was quiet and solid but now it's developed a clunk/pop in the rear end while turning and going over bumps but only while going slow. It doesn't sound like excessive lash or noise from c clips in the axle but more like the box or something is flexing? Anyways, if I step on one corner of the rear bumper it pops and if I move to the other side and step on the bumper it makes the noise again. I could go back and forth making the noise all day. It will however not make any noise if I violently rock the truck side to side. It will even sometimes make the noise if I turn sharp while going very slow without any bumps. I plan on taking the truck to the dealer soon but was just checking to see if anyone has had the same problem fixed. I know the dealer will most likely try to tell me it's normal (just like they did with my 3rd gear grinding in my brand new mustang). I'm starting to get sick of buying these brand new vehicles from Ford and having issues with them.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2016 and have the same issue. Let me know what the dealer has to say. Very annoying.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 320 Likes on 240 Posts

Any update?