Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2017 F-150 Eco Parking Pawl?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 F-150 Eco Parking Pawl?

Picked up F-150 17' in August. Has 3k miles on it and I have babied the heck out of this thing. I'm dropping my kids off at practice this past Saturday, put it in park let of the brake and the car continues to role fwd. I was in a flat parking lot, and since I've put every mile on this car I have never been on an incline or decline where the parking break has not been on so we can rule that right out of the gate.

On top of that, the dash didn't recognize that I put it in park and said that I was in "D". I could not disengage the shifter out of park at that time which is when I called AAA.

Had to have the car towed to the local dealer and they informed me that I have a damaged parking rod which just makes absolutely no sense as to why this has failed.

I see that the 250 had a recall earlier this year for this exact problem, although I Have the V-6 Eco.

Link to the 250 recall
http://www.thedrive.com/news/8869/fo...-while-in-park.

I've also spoken to my cousin is a chief mechanic for Ford and even he has no explanation to why there is a pawl issue on such a new truck. (I have speculation...****ty engineering)

I have so many questions as to why and I'll never get them unless we start to see a trend of this problem with 2017 Eco 150's, and Ford puts out yet another recall notice.

6 week old $60,000 truck in the shop. Disgusting. Never had any major trans or motor problems with my Titan and Tundra over the last 12 years. Guess I shouldn't have bought into the hype..jokes on me.