Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2016 XLT Trouble Codes. Charging/Brakes

Old 11-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 XLT Trouble Codes. Charging/Brakes

My 2016 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost is giving me trouble. Ive had the truck for 6 months and it currently has 7k miles on it. At about 5k miles the truck starting throwing the "Service Charging System Soon" code as well as "Brake Fluid Level Low" code. The truck does stop with the brakes just fine. While the truck does this all the interior lights also come on and can stay on for either a few seconds or even a few minutes. Initially the codes showed up once or twice during a 45 minute drive. Over the last week the codes pop up over and over again, over a dozen times during the same amount of time. Also noticed the power windows don't work during these times.
Would a bad battery cause something like this? Bad charging system? If the computers weren't getting the proper voltage could they possibly act up like this?
Truck goes into the dealer in a few days to get looked at...Just know that if they can't duplicate it (which shouldn't be a problem hopefully) then they won't do anything probably.
Any help is much appreciated

Jason
Old 11-14-2016, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JHall82
My 2016 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost is giving me trouble. Ive had the truck for 6 months and it currently has 7k miles on it. At about 5k miles the truck starting throwing the "Service Charging System Soon" code as well as "Brake Fluid Level Low" code. The truck does stop with the brakes just fine. While the truck does this all the interior lights also come on and can stay on for either a few seconds or even a few minutes. Initially the codes showed up once or twice during a 45 minute drive. Over the last week the codes pop up over and over again, over a dozen times during the same amount of time. Also noticed the power windows don't work during these times.
Would a bad battery cause something like this? Bad charging system? If the computers weren't getting the proper voltage could they possibly act up like this?
Truck goes into the dealer in a few days to get looked at...Just know that if they can't duplicate it (which shouldn't be a problem hopefully) then they won't do anything probably.
Any help is much appreciated

Jason

I should of added that the brake fluid level is topped off. Truck also went in for its first service at 5k and they couldn't duplicate the issue so they didn't do anything to fix it.

Search this Thread