Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 f150 2.7l vibration

Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 AM

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 f150 2.7l vibration

2016 Ford F-150 special edition fx4. 2.7l with 24,000 miles. I have owned the truck for four month and there is a vibration and I believe it's gotten worse but it could be in myth head

The vibration is felt mainly in the pedals and the steering wheel. It is most prominant in higher gears (5/6) at about 1400 rpm although you can feel it other times but mostly in high gears and lower rpm. It is not a super consistant vibration. The weird part is,IF YOU LET OFF THE GAS THE VIBRATION STOPS INSTANTLY. It's not overwhelming but quite annoying and it definitely shouldn't be there. To me, with the slight inconsistency in it, it almost feels like when my coil packs/ plugs we're going bad in my 5.4l.

So far the ford garage has told me that only vibration they feel is from the tires. (Which makes no sense because it stops when you let off the gas). And they have said anything else seems like It's just between shift points and the turbo but... It doesn't seem like that.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 AM

Recieved 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I have basically the same issue and goes away letting off the gas. What I found (and hope) is an issue with the driveline. One of my u joints has slop in it. I will deal with it when weather improves. You might want to check your entire drive line for play somewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 f150 2.7l vibration

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: