Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2016 2.7 Post TSB Head Replacement Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2016 2.7 Post TSB Head Replacement Issues

Looking for advice on the likelihood of continued problems with my 2016 2.7 Sport.

I had the excessive white smoke and throttle stuttering that called for the head only replacements TSB. Had my local dealer do the repair and after a lengthy downtime (1.5 months) finally got back to my truck. Fast forward roughly 3-4 weeks after the repairs and i'm stranded with the truck now unable to start or be jumped into starting. Towed it to a different dealer, they start investigating the issue and come to realize the a/c compressor is locked up and also the camshaft balancer was improperly torqued and was loose.

At first the previous dealer was not willing to take credit for the a/c lockup even though the TSB calls for a drain and re-charge of the refrigerant. After some back and fourth they pay for the compressor and a new balancer. Both dealers said the "keyhole" had no visible damage from the balancer being loose and the truck was not kicking back any codes for timing issues.

All that to ask this. Is this only a taste of problems to come? It's obvious that a compressor shouldn't be going bad on a 3 year old truck but is that a clear sign that there are bigger issues lurking? Is this a situation where a buyback may be the right option to pursue. Any insight would help.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:57 AM

Received 494 Likes on 428 Posts

To be classified as a lemon, there has to be three unsuccessful attempts to repair the SAME issue.You not there yet and I doubt you will get anywhere regarding a buy back at this point.Their responsibility is to repair the problems.

Last edited by raski; 04-13-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2016 2.7 Post TSB Head Replacement Issues