Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 tracks to the right, Ford says “not alignment”

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 tracks to the right, Ford says “not alignment”

Just bought a 2015 F150 over the weekend. Noticed the past two days that it tracks to the right slightly while driving. Took it back to the dealer today for alignment check and they said it’s fine. Tire pressure and tire wear patterns were also checked. Any thoughts ? I realize I just bought it and can take it back and tell them ya still off, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts here before I go back.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Swap the two front tires around, it could be what's known as radial pull. It'll either stop pulling or pull the other way if it is.

Looking at those readings I have to agree it's not the alignment unless you have a light drift as opposed to a hard pull. I'd like to see that camber and caster on the right front a little more positive to counter road crown.

Last edited by RLXXI; 12-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires

Originally Posted by Jpol
Just bought a 2015 F150 over the weekend. Noticed the past two days that it tracks to the right slightly while driving. Took it back to the dealer today for alignment check and they said it’s fine. Tire pressure and tire wear patterns were also checked. Any thoughts ? I realize I just bought it and can take it back and tell them ya still off, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts here before I go back.

Had similar issue with ranger, was tires, swap front/back, or rotate and see if it changes, Mine did.
lived with it until new set time then problem went away. rotate every 6k and it never came back.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Swap the two front tires around, it could be what's known as radial pull. It'll either stop pulling or pull the other way if it is.

Looking at those readings I have to agree it's not the alignment unless you have a light drift as opposed to a hard pull. I'd like to see that camber and caster on the right front a little more positive to counter road crown.
It doesn’t “pull” but if you let go of the wheel it starts heading to the right.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn’t “pull” but if you let go of the wheel it starts heading to the right.
How much does it head over- I think cars/truck are made to do that some to keep from hitting other cars if steering is lost.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jayeffel
How much does it head over- I think cars/truck are made to do that some to keep from hitting other cars if steering is lost.
Enough that it will track off the road. The truck should track straight. Simple. All of my other vehicles will continue straight with hands off the wheel.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Swap the two front tires around. That'll tell you what's what.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Swap the two front tires around. That'll tell you what's what.

Thanks. At this point I’m just taking it back and telling them to handle it. I shouldn’t have to be messing around with it two days after buying it.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 PM

Thanks. At this point I’m just taking it back and telling them to handle it. I shouldn’t have to be messing around with it two days after buying it.
Yes of course. Just explaining the what it might be and why as you requested. Been doing this type of work for better than 30 years.

Quick Reply: 2015 tracks to the right, Ford says “not alignment”