Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 F-150 Stalled on Freeway?? Other Various Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2015 F-150 Stalled on Freeway?? Other Various Issues?

Hello,
New to the forum. I recently purchased a 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.0L from a dealer in AZ. The vehicle has been great however I have had some random occurrences I would like to get feedback on.
<P>
1. I was on the freeway in stop and go traffic this morning and when I came to a complete stop I realized the engine stalled.... I put the vehicle in park and restarted the engine with no issue. I have also randomly noticed when coming to a complete stop it feels like the transmission shifts late or the engine shutters for a slit second. Has anyone had this issue???
<P> 2. Got in my truck twice now and the engine would not turn over. Lights on dash all normal. Took key out of the ignition and reinsert, truck started fine.... Has anyone had this issue???
<P> 3. I have read on this forum some truck doors are misaligned and difficult to shut. both passenger doors do not shut as expected.... Takes a lot more force than the passenger side.... Originally the door was sticking out from the body so the dealer made adjustments however the amount of force required to close the door did not change. Feedback?

Looking for similar experiences, solutions or feedback.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by C-Cruzan
Hello,
New to the forum. I recently purchased a 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.0L from a dealer in AZ. The vehicle has been great however I have had some random occurrences I would like to get feedback on.
<P>
1. I was on the freeway in stop and go traffic this morning and when I came to a complete stop I realized the engine stalled.... I put the vehicle in park and restarted the engine with no issue. I have also randomly noticed when coming to a complete stop it feels like the transmission shifts late or the engine shutters for a slit second. Has anyone had this issue???
<P> 2. Got in my truck twice now and the engine would not turn over. Lights on dash all normal. Took key out of the ignition and reinsert, truck started fine.... Has anyone had this issue???
<P> 3. I have read on this forum some truck doors are misaligned and difficult to shut. both passenger doors do not shut as expected.... Takes a lot more force than the passenger side.... Originally the door was sticking out from the body so the dealer made adjustments however the amount of force required to close the door did not change. Feedback?

Looking for similar experiences, solutions or feedback.

Thanks!
1. I have a 2015 5.0, never had it stall. Any mods? However, I know what you are saying here: "I have also randomly noticed when coming to a complete stop it feels like the transmission shifts late or the engine shutters for a slit second." My 2011 did this, VERY bad. My 2015 is less noticeable, but still present. It is when the truck is coming to a stop, and down shifting from 3-1. There is a "shudder" during this shift. It can be very annoying. I can make my truck do it every time, and I can make it never do it, its all about speed relative to the 3-1 down shift. Manually shift into 1 sooner than the truck would on its own. It should never shudder.

2. Never had this happen. Should be warranty, but we know the dealer won't do anything unless they can replicate the issue. Good luck with that one. I would start by checking all of the battery connections. Make sure they are tight and not corroded (it's new so I doubt that).

3. My truck was/is still bad. The tops of my doors were pushed in far, and bottoms stuck out. They were hard to close. I have not had it fixed yet, I will probably adjust myself once the weather is nice. However, they seem to close easier now. You will need to adjust and shim the door to get it right. Mine does not leak air like many people on this forum, so I have chosen to wait until summer to address this.

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Stalled on Freeway?? Other Various Issues?