Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 F-150 rotational spinning/rubbing sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 F-150 rotational spinning/rubbing sound

Hi, I have a 2015 F-150 4x4 XLT 3.5L non ecoboost V6. From day 1 I noticed a constant rotational spinning noise that comes from somewhere underneath the truck. The RPM of this hollow spinning noise seems to vary directly to the speed that I am driving so I think it is somehow related to a rotational part of the drivetrain. I have had it in to the dealer 3 seperate times totaling over 30 days and they have changed brakes, bearings, transfer case, but the noise is still there. Ford Engineering has been involved also but have not come up with a solution. Maybe it is an inherent sound in the truck but I have never heard a noise like this on any other vehicle. Just wondering if anyone has heard a similar sound or could provide me with some advice.
Thanks for the help.
The following users liked this post:
J-MAGA-1 (12-17-2015)
Old 01-03-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 14 EB just developed a similar issue so I'm here looking for answers. Very frustrating. Truck used to be smooth as silk but now... Almost feels like something is grinding up to 35 mph. HaPpens under acceleration and braking. Going to take it to my old dealer to see if they can find it.. If you found a solution (old post) any help is appreciated.

Ignore.. Just saw yours is a 2015

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 rotational spinning/rubbing sound