Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 F-150 3.5 EB - AC crapped out

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 F-150 3.5 EB - AC crapped out

Hi everyone.
I'd like to share with you all my recent experience with my truck. Last month, I was out for a drive when I needed to use the AC due to the warming weather here in British Columbia. The AC would not kick in and then all of a sudden hot air was coming through. Now I was at 62000km so 2000km over my now expired warranty. So I took it in to Jacobson Ford in Salmon Arm where they charged me $150 to tell me that the entire AC system needed to be replaced (AC compressor, belt, etc). And the bill was going to be $2100. I swear I almost puked in my mouth. From what I have read, it looks like I am a victim of the "black death" symptom. I am so pissed because there were no ways for us to know the AC was not working before that day because it was not hot enough outside until that time (passed 60k). So I called Ford customer service and made a claim looking for them to make an exception. 4 days later they called me giving me the run around and told me they would not cover the costs. My first car was a piece of crap 1999 Honda civic and never did I ever need to worry about the AC. So why in the hell does a 1.5 year old truck has such a horrendous piece of equipment?? Other issues have had with the truck is the tranny jolting really hard when downshifting to 4th when in sport mode (was taken to lincoln Ford in Kamloops only to get a reset done to the ECU), transmission slipping, and excessive amount of rust undeneath the truck. I got an appointment with another car brand where I will be trading in the truck. In my last 8 years owning 6 different cars, I have never had to take any of them to get any repairs done. Call me over acting but I am done with Ford.