Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 5.0 stalled out in drive way. cranks no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 5.0 stalled out in drive way. cranks no start

Hello everyone -

Very tidy forum here, thanks for being a part of it.

I've got a 2015 xlt 5.0. A few months ago I went to warm it up in the driveway before work and it stalled out. Then it would go through its crank cycle but wouldn't fire. I had it towed to the dealer and the symptom didn't present. They diagnosed a low battery (probably from me cranking it over seven or eight times) and found it to be fully operational.

Hasn't happened again until today. Started it up at 4:30 am on my way to work, fired right up but before I had a chance to run in the house for my lunch it stalled out as though no gas. Engine goes through its cranking cycle, but won't fire.

I barely had enough time to check fuses, tried the other key, and tried remote start. In all cases crank no fire. I'll have it towed to the dealer tonight, but does anyone have any guesses?

Thanks
Dan

I should ad no codes were give at the dealer and there is no check engine light.

can someone please move this to the appropriate forum? I screwed up on my first post!

Last edited by SAR F-150; 11-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.