Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2014 F150 loud humming noise when put in park

Old 12-22-2016, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 F150 loud humming noise when put in park

I just bought a used 2014 F150. I am having a noise issue when shifting into Park. I printed the work orders off this site that seemed to address the issue and took it to my local dealer but am having problems getting them to address the issue. My warranty runs out in a couple of weeks. Please help!
Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Take it back where you bought it and tell them to fix it or keep it.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry, let me get this straight... you just bought a truck, you got a warrenty, and theres a problem, your truck is in warranty, and youre trying to self diagnose it instead of just taking it back and telling them to fix it?
Old 12-25-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

You should probably bring this up in the Ford customer service section since your warranty is about to expire you really need to get the ball rolling immediately.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:24 AM

Default Update on my issue

After my posting this issue on this site, a Ford rep (+1 (866) 631-3788) contacted me and has been very helpful in the process. The rep, Michelle, contacted my local dealer. They set up a Technical Consultation with Ford. A Ford bulletin was located addressing the issue. Michelle contacted me on Tues and told me my local dealer had ordered the part. Michelle contacted me today and told me the part was scheduled to arrive yesterday but did not. However, the part should arrive today. Michelle said she will contact me again on Jan. 3rd. Michelle has been very professional about contacting me on the agreed upon times.

I will give you a full breakdown after work is finalized.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Question

I think I may have the same issue .

Is there a TSB # they gave you ?

Can you also please steer me to where the work orders are on this site ?

Last edited by OneManBanned; 01-01-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: splling sux
Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 AM

Default link to thread with work orders

I do not personally have a TSB yet. However, here is the link to the thread where people had the same issue.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/2013-fx4-vibration-noise-when-i-shift-into-park-237502/index8/
The following users liked this post:
OneManBanned (01-02-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM

I just wanted to give an update.

By all indications my local dealership in Chatsworth was able to fix the problem. There was a specific bulletin put out by Ford that addressed the issue. I can post the work order if anyone is still in need.

Thank you to Michelle, the Ford Rep. She was very professional and courteous. Michelle always contacted me at the specified time and served as an effective liaison between my local dealer and me.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:07 PM

Default I'm experiencing the same noise-can someone help?!

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I am experiencing this same noise and just dropped my 2014 Ford F-150 off at the dealership this morning. We purchased this truck used from the dealership last May, it currently only has 29K miles on it, the service adviser said they were a day to a day and a half out for even diagnosing vehicles right now and that is if they can hear the noise. He kept asking me if the noise was coming from inside the vehicle and honestly I didn't get off the vehicle to see where it was coming from, he kind of made me feel a little dumb. My was wondering how you get a Ford Service Tech to assist you with getting this repaired on the forum? I'm concerned about the way the service adviser/tech responded to me when I dropped off the truck he seemed unimpressed with my concerns, I asked if there was a way to give us a loaner since it could possibly be 2 days before they even look at the vehicle he said they would have to see if we had an extended warranty. Shouldn't we still be under the factory warranty since we are at less than 30,000 miles? Can someone please advise.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:34 PM

Call this number to talk to a Ford rep (+1 (866) 631-3788).

Search this Thread