Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2013 Forscan Help-lighting control module

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
Default 2013 Forscan Help-lighting control module

I purchased an ELM module, downloaded Forscan and the required drivers to have the ability to change my lighting control module from halogen to HID. I'm clearly missing something because I can't even see the lighting control module and I'm unable to do anything the modules I can see. It sounds like this is a quick, simple procedure, has anyone done it that can help me through it? Any help would be awesome!
Old 10-21-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugga
I purchased an ELM module, downloaded Forscan and the required drivers to have the ability to change my lighting control module from halogen to HID. I'm clearly missing something because I can't even see the lighting control module and I'm unable to do anything the modules I can see. It sounds like this is a quick, simple procedure, has anyone done it that can help me through it? Any help would be awesome!
Not gonna happen, the only thing you can change that pertains to the lighting is turning on day time running lights and selecting what lights to be so, some trucks can have either the headlights (halogen) as dtrl, or front turn lamps, or the fog lights, that's how I have mine set up, fogs as dtrl. And turning on police mode aka (dark car) all that does is keeps your interior lights off when the door is opened.

To get HID lights you have to buy the headlight assemblies and a cross over wiring harness to adapt them to your halogen wiring, I performed that very mod on my truck.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Not gonna happen, the only thing you can change that pertains to the lighting is turning on day time running lights and selecting what lights to be so, some trucks can have either the headlights (halogen) as dtrl, or front turn lamps, or the fog lights, that's how I have mine set up, fogs as dtrl. And turning on police mode aka (dark car) all that does is keeps your interior lights off when the door is opened.

To get HID lights you have to buy the headlight assemblies and a cross over wiring harness to adapt them to your halogen wiring, I performed that very mod on my truck.
What you described is what I'm trying to do. My truck came with halogen lights, so the headlights are the dtrl. I bought HIDs, and all the wiring to hook them up properly (new housings, wiring, everything, they work perfectly), and I'm trying to change the setting in my lighting control module to make the turn signals be the dtrl, not the headlights. Basically, do what would have been done at the factory had it been factory equipped with HIDs.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pugga
What you described is what I'm trying to do. My truck came with halogen lights, so the headlights are the dtrl. I bought HIDs, and all the wiring to hook them up properly (new housings, wiring, everything, they work perfectly), and I'm trying to change the setting in my lighting control module to make the turn signals be the dtrl, not the headlights. Basically, do what would have been done at the factory had it been factory equipped with HIDs.
You need the extended license for Forscan (free) to do the programming changes. See this thread for more info,... https://www.f150forum.com/f38/forsca...ations-349018/
The following users liked this post:
Pugga (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
You need the extended license for Forscan (free) to do the programming changes. See this thread for more info,... https://www.f150forum.com/f38/forsca...ations-349018/
Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!
Old 10-21-2017, 04:31 PM

Happy to help.