Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2013 ecoboost belt replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 ecoboost belt replacement

This is my first post it seems like a lot of people were having issues with the same thing so hopefully this helps out some people.

I was driving from Florida to Michigan when I heard a belt screech. I didn't get any lights or feel any change in the drive so I didn't think much of it When I got back to Florida I noticed I didn't have any AC so I looked under the hood to check the belts. The drive belt look fine but I could see shredded rubber sprayed around the other pulley. I've replaced belts before so I didn't think it would be much. I went to AutoZone and got a new belt for $17 all good now I just have to put it on. I read a few articles on here and can sympathize about the cats I've had that happen as well and learned that there was no tensioner to loosen the belt. I looked over YouTube on the Ford service site and a lot of Google searches and didn't find much to figure out how to replace this belt. Like most other people I found the diagram only shows one belt when in fact there are two. You have to remove the drive belt in order to place the AC belt. To remove the drive Belt there is a tensioner wheel. A 15mm wrench will rock that wheel back and allow you to pull off the main drive belt. Once that's removed the fun starts. Loop the AC belt behind the damper or main wheel then around the AC compressor wheel. You need to zip tie through the damper to hold the belt in place. Use a 12mm deep socket and turn the damper clockwise to walk the belt on. Then reinstall the main drive belt. The two shops and the dealership quoted me from $89-$146. I'm not the type to spend that much money on replacing a belt.

The following users liked this post:
Danny Roman (02-27-2020)
Old 07-15-2023, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exact same thing is happening to my 13’ eco. Audible belt screech and burned rubber all around where that belt is. AC also went out today, also the first time I’ve heard this belt screech. Worst day for it to happen, heat advisory in Louisiana. Was reading 108-110* on the interstate depending on if I was on blacktop or lighter coolers concrete. Worst 30min drive of my life it was miserable. I don’t understand why this would cause an AC issue however if the belt is still intact.

Quick Reply: 2013 ecoboost belt replacement