Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2012 ford f150 5.0 XLT Steering column housing

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2012 ford f150 5.0 XLT Steering column housing

So as stated in title I have a 2012 ford f150 with the 5.0 in the XLT trim and I noticed for a while that my bright light would only come on and then back off light I had a short or something in it, it had at one point went to bright light and stayed that way so I had replaced the blinker switch.
When I was doing that I noticed that in all of the diagrams and people replacing them that mine only had one silver torque head screw and the other was a 5.5 knowing that didnt seem right I did some further investigation and realized that the screw housing or the plastic standoff rather that the screw threads into was broken and the only way to fix this issue was to get a new housing assembly.
I had ordered one through Tasca parts on Ebay and got it all replaced everything came up just fine, however, My question is do I have to go and get my steering calibrated since this is an electronic steering system? My dash menu under "truck apps" are showing the angle as to which my wheels are at correctly but I just wanted to make sure!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2012 ford f150 5.0 XLT Steering column housing