Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2012 f150 issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 f150 issues

I am new to the forum so please excuse my mistakes. If there should be any. I was driving down a dirt road today in the Florida heat. I turned off the road and my engine died. I checked the oil and the gauges and all seemed normal. I fired it back up and once I started pressing on the gas. I hear a rattling noise under the truck. It sounded like metal on metal. I would describe the noise like marbles in a tin can. It only does it when I'm accelerating. It would also run rough and lose power. The engine light came on and also the oil change reminder. I pulled the air filter and it was dirty but not to the point that it wasn't breathing. The engine runs fine but has moments that run rough. It's not consistently running poorly. Does anybody have something else on the check list to look at? It hasn't had any prior issues before that road. This is a 2012 F150 FX4 with a 5.0. I appreciate any help.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have any ideas but I'm monitoring this thread. I have the same year and engine. H

Good Luck and hope someone responds soon.

Quick Reply: 2012 f150 issues