Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 Screw stalling out

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2010 Screw stalling out

Have a 2010 Screw XLT 2wd with the 4.6 3V, only mods are a 77 series K&N CAI and flowmaster Dumped exhaust. I recently took my truck on a trip 2 months ago to get to California from TX, upon which I got some bad gas in el paso (filled the tank until the pump stopped, it only filled half the tank and I instantly had a check engine light pop on, it went off after a few bottles of fuel treatment) had no problems until after a recent trip to Las Vegas where I filled my tank and got another check engine light. Again, put in 2 bottles of fuel treatment and the light stayed on longer this time, but eventually went off. Two days after the light went off, I went to accelerate into a steep drive way (into a left turn) and boom, complete stall, engine shut off, but started right back up. I was mortified. My baby has some miles (87898) but all her maintenance has been good and preformed at a blue oval certified dealer (most recent was a tune up and injector flush before both road trips) this problem didn't happen again for about another week (today) where I was pulling through the security gate at my hanger, put on the gas a bit, and again, complete power loss. I have heard either fuel pump or filter, but I'd like anyone's ideas on the matter

Quick Reply: 2010 Screw stalling out