Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 F150 XLT - Running boards

Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 F150 XLT - Running boards

This might me a dumb question but how do I remove the actually mounting bracket from the running boards? There are two bolts but I canít loosen them because the locknut or bolt is on the inside ?? Thank you.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I remove these bolts?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

they come out like a regular bolt. the nut is sometimes referred to as a "rivnut", a
nut that is installed like a rivet. due to corrosion it is most likely spinning in the
step tube. you'll have to cut the head of the bolt off to get the bracket off the tube.
sucky part is unless you can carefully grind the lip of the rivnut off and have a place
and the tool to get a new one and install it you may have to get a new tube. body shops usually have the nuts and tool, maybe they could install the new nut into the tube.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: