Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2009 F-150 4.6 - Fuel Pump Number 2

Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 F-150 4.6 - Fuel Pump Number 2

I was left stranded twice before replacing the original fuel pump at 103K miles. After the second stranding the pump wouldn't come back to life and no fuel pressure on the rail. Pump wasn't whining or priming. Replaced that one with a motorcraft from RockAuto and haven't had any issues for a week. Driving to work everyday and errands around town. Went out this morning to go to work and it didn't start again. No fuel pump priming either.

Bad fuel pump or something upstream crapping out, or upstream causing fuel pump to crap out?

I'm looking for some troubleshooting advice. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 AM

Default Update

The only thing I hadn't replaced was the FPDM which I did yesterday. I got home from the dealer and plugged it in without mounting it and the truck started right up with no issue. Plugged the old FPDM back in and the truck started with no issue. I mounted the new one and cleaned the hell out of the ground lead and mounting surface. Truck started at least 10 more times yesterday after doing so. Not once did it falter.

Woke up this morning to go to work and again no start. Starter engages strong but just no fuel getting to the engine. I'm at a loss. No error codes anywhere to be found.

Suggestions?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Change to the night shift?

Would need to put hands on to be certain.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 AM

Default Another Update

Truck wouldn't start yesterday morning. I left the battery disconnected all day and when i got home from work reconnected the battery and it started right up. No issue at all. Verified it isn't the security feature blocking the fuel pump as using my valet key it doesn't even crank over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 F-150 4.6 - Fuel Pump Number 2