Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2006 F150 shaking then stalling

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 F150 shaking then stalling

Hey guys. This is my first post, and my first time doing major maintenance on my 2006 F150 truck. When the problem started, the truck would start to shake at about 50-60 mph, but only when I would accelerate. A few months later, it would shake while driving in the neighborhood, then stall completely. I was able to start it back up and keep going, but it would stall about twice a short drive. Now, it will not start up all together. The last time I attempted, the gauges (fuel gauge, odometer....) went nuts and the truck would not start! The gauges started shaking even when the key was out of the ignition. Any advice on what steps to take to diagnose my problem would be great. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:33 AM

Location: From Guam, But in San Antonio, Texas for Injuries Sustained in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this same issue with truck dying and then not starting. I changed out the alternator and it fixed the issue for a little bit, but it still stutters and shakes at the same given mph you mentioned.

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 shaking then stalling