Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2004 F-150 5.4 Throttle Body Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 F-150 5.4 Throttle Body Replaced

Hello I am new to this Forum & website, Sorry but this is long & lengthy explaination, I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! I have a 2004 F-150 4x4 Lariat with a 5.4 litre engine. I have had some problems with the Engine going to Failsafe mode. The first Fix was having, TIMING CHAINS, SPROCKETS, CAM PHASERS, TENSIONERS, GUIDES, OIL PUMP, WATER PUMP, & REMOVED & CLEANED OUT THE OIL PAN. This was done after the Dealer said the engine needed to be replaced after they Diagnosed it. It made loud clatter noise & was running weird (timing chain guide broken was the problem), I had my mechanic fix those problems. NOW... when I got the truck back they had test driven it with no problems. On my way home the truck ran great, the next morning on the way to work it WENT TO FAILSAFE MODE, 5 TIMES. Finally got it to my mechanic again & later that day they said it had a few codes, throttle body was one of them, but was running fine now. ????? I got there & went on a test drive with their mechanic & pulling out of the parking lot it died & went to FAILSAFE MODE (2 TIMES). Finished test drive with out any problems read codes again & he said take it home & see if it does it again. On my way home it did it again FAILSAFE MODE, took to dealer they said throttle body replacement required. I replaced it, QUESTION.........: DOES THE COMPUTER NEED TO BE FLASHED LIKE THE DEALER SAYS? OR.... CAN I JUST DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FOR 15 MINUETES TO FLASH THE COMPUTER LIKE ANOTHER DEALER SUGGESTED? DEALER WANTS $125 TO FLASH THE COMPUTER. THANK YOU ANYONE & EVERYONE WHO ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS. The suggested flashing was required only because of the throttle body replacement.

Last edited by turk182; 12-30-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, What fixed the problem?
Old 12-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

That was posted 3 years ago... doubt you will hear from him.

Quick Reply: 2004 F-150 5.4 Throttle Body Replaced