Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high

I’ve tried to gaze they some of the old posts. But I don’t know if my problem is different. I have a 15 F150 5.0L My rad fans are on high as soon as u start truck. They stay constantly on high while driving. No a/c or defrost is being ran at the time. Here in Indiana it is still cold/cool daily. My engine coolant has been at a good level. I have got into the fuse box under the hood. When I remove the relays2&3 the fans turn off, but once I reinstall them same as before. I have even switched them with other relays. And disconnected the battery thinking of a reset. But the fans stay running. They do shut off when I turn the key off. I am not a truck guru, so I’ve tried google and now here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2019, 06:01 AM

Received 494 Likes on 428 Posts

I would connect a scan tool and check for codes. Also look closely at the information from the coolant temperature sensor. Many vehicles will behave that way when that sensor has issues or is disconnected.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raski
I would connect a scan tool and check for codes. Also look closely at the information from the coolant temperature sensor. Many vehicles will behave that way when that sensor has issues or is disconnected.
going on the machine Monday morning at the dealership

Quick Reply: 15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high