Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high

Old 03-22-2019, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high

Iíve tried to gaze they some of the old posts. But I donít know if my problem is different. I have a 15 F150 5.0L My rad fans are on high as soon as u start truck. They stay constantly on high while driving. No a/c or defrost is being ran at the time. Here in Indiana it is still cold/cool daily. My engine coolant has been at a good level. I have got into the fuse box under the hood. When I remove the relays2&3 the fans turn off, but once I reinstall them same as before. I have even switched them with other relays. And disconnected the battery thinking of a reset. But the fans stay running. They do shut off when I turn the key off. I am not a truck guru, so Iíve tried google and now here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2019, 06:01 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I would connect a scan tool and check for codes. Also look closely at the information from the coolant temperature sensor. Many vehicles will behave that way when that sensor has issues or is disconnected.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raski View Post
I would connect a scan tool and check for codes. Also look closely at the information from the coolant temperature sensor. Many vehicles will behave that way when that sensor has issues or is disconnected.
going on the machine Monday morning at the dealership

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 15 F150 radiator fans constantly on high

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: