Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

'13 5.0 4X4 Headache (P0442, P0219B)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 5.0 4X4 Headache (P0442, P0219B)

Thanks for clicking on.

I just joined the forum, but I have been scavenging threads since I got my truck in June.

2013 F-150 5.0 XL LB EC, 4x4, 185,000 miles now. 2" level, 20" lariat wheels. Stock.

I have had a P0442 for a very long time now, and have done the following attempting to remedy the problem:

-Gas Cap (For the capless system)

-Evap Canister Purge Valve (Which I have tested the new one per youtube's suggestion, works fine)

-Replaced leaking PCV breather on Bank 1 valve cover, and the nipple coming off of the throttle body (there was a significant leak at the valve cover)

-looked for vacuum leaks the old-fashioned way with starting fluid (can't find any).

The second code I have is the P0219B, and I have done the following:

-3 new 02 sensors and cats (Not super related, but maybe relevant, was for it's own code.)

-New Maf (I ran an oiled filter for ~2k miles, I'll never do that again. Back to stock replacement filter)

-New Plugs (again, not super related but eh.)

I got around 17.5 mpg when I bought the truck, now I get about 13-14 mpg under the same driving conditions, gas stations, and driving style. I know "it's a truck, not a Prius", but I want it to run well.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful. I was raised on (Diesel) Ford Trucks, but the laundry list of little things I have had to do to it is really pushing me away.

Quick Reply: '13 5.0 4X4 Headache (P0442, P0219B)