Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

05 Alarm's Random in-op

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Alarm's Random in-op

I have had my 05 f150 for several years. It does have the factory alarm that will chirp with mild vibration and go off with hard vibes (worked perfectly, although a bit sensitive, until now)... After a recent trip to the shop I noticed that the alarm had stopped working and the red indicator light next to the headlight switch will just blink constantly... I have looked all around, checked for fuses, followed wires, etc. with no luck. I even unplugged the unit hoping for a reset, but after forgetting that it was unplugged overnight I hopped in to take a drive and the truck would not start unless I plugged it back in. Even still after plugging it back in, the same issue continues with the blinking light and no alarm activity. Any help would be appreciated! I definitely need this thing to work. Thanks guys!!

-jonah 702-580-6455 (plz feel free to call or text)
jonahmock@msn.com

PS- the shop refuses to work with me on this issue claiming they "got it that way". suppose thats my fault for not taking video or pics.

Quick Reply: 05 Alarm's Random in-op