Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

03 PCM Replaced - VCMII PATS programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 PCM Replaced - VCMII PATS programming? HELP

Hi,

So I fried a PCM the other day for a 2003 Supercab FX4, VCMII was no longer able to communicate with it at all - error was "faulty PCM, replace PCM.

SO I got a new pcm and put it in yesterday, this pcm is the exact same part number with same computer codes etc.

PCM works, my cluster shows the mileage as it did before, the VCMII programmer can communicate with it just fine, IDS works etc.

in FORD IDS I went into "BODY" then "SECURITY" then "PATS". After 10 minutes it allows access to security so I can erase and program the 2 keys.

Attempted to program 2 new keys and continue to get a flashing theft light when I try to start so I feel as if its not accepting my keys. I've done a cluster swap before but never a PCM Swap. Cluster swap also requires erasing and reprogramming keys...

There are several places where Security options are, i noticed the vin is incorrect in the FORD IDS Software but the mileage is correct. I have a feeling I'm supposed to go into Module programming and reset some other things in there.

If ANYONE can tell me what in "Ford IDS" or oasis or anything else needs to be done to get this truck started again please let me know!

Thank you!

Last edited by DeeJayTJ; 04-23-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: had to explain that its a question and not a how-to
Old 04-23-2015, 02:52 PM

well since no one knew the answer I'll post what i did to answer my own question.

Fixed using MotorCraftService.com website's help.

Parameter Reset When replacing PATS Control Module or PCM:
Procedure #7

"Cycle a key in ignition to "RUN". Enter Security Access on the PATS control function module. Select "Parameter Reset" and then exit Security Access. Perform a PCM Keep Alive Memory (KAM) reset."

To do this, once you've plugged the VCMII into the Diagnostics port - click "body>Security>PCM" then after 10 minutes it will grant security access and take you to the security page. From there you select the last line at the bottom that says "Parameter Reset" - This actually resets everything listed in the #7 Procedure. So once that's complete you will program the 2 keys. If it doesn't prompt you to program keys then on that same window select the top line which says "program keys" or something along those lines I don't remember..

So anyway long story short I got my friends truck running and it cost me $80 on ebay with a replacement PCM of the exact same part number and Computer Tag/code.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

saving this my mechanic still has my truck a month later
Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by nhbillybill
saving this my mechanic still has my truck a month later
good luck hope you get it working! Hope this information helps!

Quick Reply: 03 PCM Replaced - VCMII PATS programming