Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo 2003 F150 5.4 3 valve

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turbo 2003 F150 5.4 3 valve

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-GT3...kAAOSwgQ9V53zF

This is the kit I purchased for myself for Christmas. I'm going to be fabricating a 2 to 1 manifold from the headers and will be mounting the turbo under the body in the cavity below the passenger side exhaust manifold. I think this will be ideal to keep heat out of the engine bay. I'm going delete the upper part of the plastic intake and pipe directly into the throttle body. I will need to fab a mount for the MAF sensor prior to the TB. Im on the fence wether I should delete the vacuum hose from the passenger side valve cover that goes into the upper part of the intake or not. I'm only looking to run 7-8 lbs of boost untill I upgrade at least the connecting rods. Let me know what y'all think. Merry Christmas from Texas, Brian
Old 12-26-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm going to run 6-8lbs of boost and my kit comes with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator do you think I need to upgrade to #42 injectors? I was thinking I can monitor my idle a/f ratio with a target of 14.5 and in boost anything over 12 would be good for my pistons. I will be running no catalytic converter or muffler and plan on putting my a/f sensor about 5 inches past the turbo on the downpipe. How well can our stock ECU's fuel map be tuned?

Quick Reply: Turbo 2003 F150 5.4 3 valve