Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought K&N 77-2556kp used

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bought K&N 77-2556kp used

Bought the pipe and couplers on fleabay for 85 bucks. Heat shield was not included...
Called K&N and was told the heat shield and rubber seal are 99.95 shipped

This prompts some questions
1 Can I use the OEM? I doubt it
2 Does anyone have a heat shield to sell?
3 Would someone here be interested in dabbing one up or if they have one send some pictures and I would try...that would take a while as I am on day 6 of a rotator cuff surgery
Old 12-01-2019, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritzl65
Bought the pipe and couplers on fleabay for 85 bucks. Heat shield was not included...

3 Would someone here be interested in dabbing one up or if they have one send some pictures and I would try...that would take a while as I am on day 6 of a rotator cuff surgery
Hi, I made my own cold air with a K&N filter from my 2016 Fusion. I cut the OEM air box to use as a heat shield.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritzl65

What you need is someone willing to template theirs in cardboard and send the template to you. Cut your own out of ABS sheet or aluminum and rivet or screw it together. The weather seal on top is widely available too. Another option is buy a used OEM intake box and cut it up or pull one from a yard or something.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:41 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Taint2019
Hi, I made my own cold air with a K&N filter from my 2016 Fusion. I cut the OEM air box to use as a heat shield.
Hate to be there bearer of bad news, but that is not stopping any heat. The only way you'll get something that is cold air is by having the filter enclosed and pulling air from outside the engine bay.
If you monitored your temps before and after changing the setup I bet your before temps would be slightly lower.

Quick Reply: Bought K&N 77-2556kp used