Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

83 cab 2001 frame swap

Old 11-18-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 cab 2001 frame swap

Ok so not shure where this falls category wise.
so I have a 2001 f150 ex cab reg bed 4x4 that I rolled 3 weeks ago. still runs and drives just the body parts are kinda of mangled no frame damge only the rear axle shaft was bent. I need a truck and don't have the money but what i have is a 83 f150 single cab long bed that is beautiful but has bad motor and frame rot. So my question is will it be possible with some Minor modifications to swap the 83 cab on to the 01 frame. Any advice or thoughts welcomed.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

While anything is possible I imagine that this project would entail much more than the “minor modifications” that you are wanting.

In addition to all new body mounts that would need to be fabricated don’t forget the wiring that you would also need to hack together to get working.

If you do decide to do this it would be interesting to document it in the forum. I understand that people have different reasons for wanting or needing to do things but from what I would call a common sense perspective I think you might be better served trying to find a different solution.

Last edited by Brand; 11-19-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice just hate to scrap the truck when I have so much money and time in it. The cab mounts apear to be close enough to work I might have to re locate 2 or 3 and add some extension blocks for the two front bolts on the bed since the frame drops further back because it's ex cab short bed frame and not a single cab long bed. Just wonder how the core suport would fit or if the frame narrows or widens to much as well as wiring. I know i can run the motor without almost any wires in side the cab other then the ignition wires and fule pump shut off switch under the passenger side kick panel just wondering what I can keep and delete since the other truck is verry basic as far as wiring is conserend.

Search this Thread