Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 xl controlling light bar with factory fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 xl controlling light bar with factory fog light switch

I have a 2009 scsb xl 4x4 that didnt come from the factory with fog lights. Iam wanting to control my light bar with a factory headlight switch that has the pullout for the fog lights but dont have a clue where to start, I already have the headlight switch I need. I need to know the pin out of the switch so I know where to run the wires that go into the back of the switch
Old 01-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay so hey theres a few different ways u can do this the first the first and best way to do this is to buy a 4 pin relay okay u will take the positive wire from one of your fog lights wire it to through the relay then a power wire from your battery through the relay to the light bar then the light bar negitive to either the battery neg. or to a ground either or. the relay acts as a switch so when u turn ur fog lights on it switches on the relay and lets power flow through and turn on the light bar is u need help figuring out the relay just youtube how a relay works hope this helped any more questions feel free to message. side note do it the ride way dont just wrap wires together doing things the right way will go a long way

Quick Reply: 09 xl controlling light bar with factory fog light switch