Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XLT Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default XLT Tow Mirrors

So I ordered the XLT Tow mirrors for my truck, part numbers FL3Z-17682-AC and FL3Z-17683-AC. Installed them last week. i noticed that the passenger mirror is swept back a little more than the drivers door, so it sits about 3-4 inches farther back that. You can see that angle is different coming off the door is different on each side. The mirrors are installed correctly. has anybody seen this? Is this normal?
driver side

passenger side
Old 02-22-2018, 05:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I could be totally off base here, but doesn't the angle have to differ because of your viewing angle?
Old 02-22-2018, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be I guess. My 2013 F150 Tow mirrors were identical or should I say symmetrical. Just checked with a friend of mine who bought a new XLT with Tow mirrors and said his were the same as mine after I pointed it out to him.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If they would just offer those with BLIS, spot, puddle, turn, heated, and power mirrors like the stock XLT ones I have I would be happy to buy the Ford ones. Alas, they seem to think only those who purchased the upper trim level, or don;t want to use BLIS anymore, sound get mirrors. I know I can wire them in and program them. If I don't care about power folding and extending then why don't they make them that way. Absolutely stupid.

On my last truck I had power fold and the only reason I always folded them was because idiots in parking lots would bang into them and throw the power fold mechanism off. For me it's not important plus the extra work to make it function on the XLT.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by hunter99
If they would just offer those with BLIS, spot, puddle, turn, heated, and power mirrors like the stock XLT ones I have I would be happy to buy the Ford ones. Alas, they seem to think only those who purchased the upper trim level, or don;t want to use BLIS anymore, sound get mirrors. I know I can wire them in and program them. If I don't care about power folding and extending then why don't they make them that way. Absolutely stupid.

On my last truck I had power fold and the only reason I always folded them was because idiots in parking lots would bang into them and throw the power fold mechanism off. For me it's not important plus the extra work to make it function on the XLT.
If your truck already has these features, these after market tow mirrors have everything the Lariat level tow mirrors have except power fold, power extend, memory and auto-dimming. I put them on my XLT and now have tow mirrors with BLIS, spot, puddle, turn, heated, and power mirrors.

https://www.1aauto.com/mirror/i/1amr...1145977&y=2017
Old 02-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

They are on a different angle because they haft to be. You set at a different angle to each mirror.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi
How far do they extend ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by rliles1
If your truck already has these features, these after market tow mirrors have everything the Lariat level tow mirrors have except power fold, power extend, memory and auto-dimming. I put them on my XLT and now have tow mirrors with BLIS, spot, puddle, turn, heated, and power mirrors.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

Just checked mine (factory tow mirrors), appears to be the same as yours. Driver side has a bit of an angle, and the passenger side is almost straight.

Looks like you've got it installed correctly
Attached Thumbnails XLT Tow Mirrors-img_0914.jpg   XLT Tow Mirrors-img_0915.jpg  
Old 02-23-2018, 08:19 PM

Received 203 Likes on 129 Posts

I was wondering why the right side of my truck seemed to go faster... it's more aerodynamic. LOL!

It's funny how you never notice somethings until someone brings it up.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rliles1

So you didn't have blis, spot or puddle lights and now you do?

Quick Reply: XLT Tow Mirrors