Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XB LED High beam bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Default XB LED High beam bulbs

Hello everyone. I figured I would share some photos of the XB LED high beams and XB HID H11 kit from The Retrofit Source.

I am waiting on a new H11 bulb to get here to replace the bad one I got originally so I will post more pictures once I get the low beams fully installed. Quality is top notch and the light output compared to the stock halogen high beam is night and day!!!

By the way the headlights in these 15's are a pain in the *** to remove without the help of another person.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

Just replacing the bulbs right? Looks like it would blind oncoming traffic
Old 12-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Yep. You keep your high beams on for oncoming traffic?
Old 12-07-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Why does everyone take out the headlights to replace the bulbs???

3 screws in the fender well and you can replace them!

The retrofit source products are all top notch. I actually put a set of the xb led high beams in my buddy's 4Runner yesterday. They are bright!
Old 12-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by uood8

The retrofit source products are all top notch. I actually put a set of the xb led high beams in my buddy's 4Runner yesterday. They are bright!

I removed them because there is a lot of stuff going on when you have to replace both the high beams and low beams. Plus cut the boots to get the wires through it. Just makes it a lot easier to work on. I used to go through the wheel well with my Fusion and it tore up my arms and looked like I got into a fight with a cat.

At the end of the day it just saves a lot of strain and its a pain to line up the H11 bulbs correctly without seeing what you are doing.

But you are correct they are awesome bulbs and VERY high quality. I am a wholesaler for TRS if you ever need anything
Old 12-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 225 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by uood8

Taking the headlights out is so much easier than fiddling with the fender liner. The key is having a cordless impact driver and a 10" long 3/8" drive extension to get that last bolt out.

At this point I can have both headlights off the truck in under 5 minutes, do what I need to do without having to turn wheels or contort under that fender liner, and pop it all back together in under 5 minutes.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jcat
Taking the headlights out is so much easier than fiddling with the fender liner. The key is having a cordless impact driver and a 10" long 3/8" drive extension to get that last bolt out.

At this point I can have both headlights off the truck in under 5 minutes, do what I need to do without having to turn wheels or contort under that fender liner, and pop it all back together in under 5 minutes.

I am still trying to find that special angle to get them out without spending 5 minutes per side moving them every possible way.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd really like to see the low beams. Been wanting to switch to LED's for a while but I'm super hesitant towards blinding other people
Old 12-07-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by komics
I'd really like to see the low beams. Been wanting to switch to LED's for a while but I'm super hesitant towards blinding other people
That is me, from the other threads I've read on here that is what happens without the correct housing.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

what's the rating on them? I'm thinking about doing the ribbon style LEDs on both.

Quick Reply: XB LED High beam bulbs