Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are people buying their Roushcharged 5.0's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Where are people buying their Roushcharged 5.0's?

Looking at getting a new truck come spring 2017. I'm looking at 3 choices, 6.7l F250, 3.5EB F150 or a 5.0 F150 with the Roush phase 1 supercharger installed.

How can I locate a Roush F150 to test drive? Is there a way to search online? I'm in western NY about an hour south of Buffalo. When the time comes to buy I have no problem going across or outside of the state to buy one, but in the meantime I need to find one to test drive to see how it stacks up against the other 2 choices.

Last edited by alping45; 10-26-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

http://www.roushperformance.com/help...-vehicles.html
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

You would be better off buying the truck you want, then adding the supercharger IMO. You are going to over pay by a landslide for a roush truck off the lot. You could even have the dealer add the blower to the truck as part of the deal so its all factory installed and what not from the get go. But none of that helps you test drive one, I would say that's going to be next to impossible. Even if they have one, they aren't going to want you to drive it.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer15
You would be better off buying the truck you want, then adding the supercharger IMO. You are going to over pay by a landslide for a roush truck off the lot. You could even have the dealer add the blower to the truck as part of the deal so its all factory installed and what not from the get go. But none of that helps you test drive one, I would say that's going to be next to impossible. Even if they have one, they aren't going to want you to drive it.

Agreed, I wouldn't want the whole Roush appearance package that doubles the price of the truck, just the supercharger add on itself. Roush's website lists one of the dealers I frequent as a Roush dealer so I assume that means they would be able to add the kit onto a truck I was going to buy? If dealer installed woukd I get the warranty?
Old 10-26-2016, 01:17 PM
J15
Certified Cow Porker

Received 360 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by alping45
Agreed, I wouldn't want the whole Roush appearance package that doubles the price of the truck, just the supercharger add on itself. Roush's website lists one of the dealers I frequent as a Roush dealer so I assume that means they would be able to add the kit onto a truck I was going to buy? If dealer installed woukd I get the warranty?
Call your dealer and ask. If they say no, or avoid giving you a straight answer, call Roush and ask for a referral to another dealer. If you want to have fun, buy the supercharged 5.0. If you want to use the truck for real work, buy the 6.7. A stock EB is rather outclassed by both of these.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Yes to everything I believe. FWIW, ive only seen like 5 or 6 mustangs over the years on car lots, and only one f150 (saleen). So I don't think its going to be easy, that's why I said next to impossible lol.

Personally, I think Roush sucks for a lot of reasons (in general, not in this application specifically). I would buy a normal truck, put a whipple on it, and never look back. Just a personal opinion.

But if you are wanting something with a "real warranty", I would get something totally stock. Out of what you listed, the Powerstroke is the best option if you are looking for a warranty truck IMO.

Otherwise buy a F150, do full bolt on EB or Whipple 5.0, don't worry about the warranty, and enjoy. You can still get all the non powertrain related issues covered, its not like the whole warranty is gone. And the chances of blowing a motor with a proven set up is very slim. With a powerstroke being every bit of 55k for a Lariat, you could almost get into a platinum f150 with a whipple for the same costs.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I had mine done at the dealership where I bought mine. I also made sure they were a Roush dealer for peace of mind and I bought the Roush warranty as well.

Go to the Roush website and it will tell you local authorized dealers.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Plus if you go thru roush doesn't void your warranty
Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

Montrose Ford Fairlawn OH has a bunch of them on their lot. If you can get there they will let you drive one. I know because I have driven one of them. They are the biggest dealer of Roush cars and trucks I know of. They are right of I77 south of Cleveland.

With that said a Roush dealer should be able to install the SC tune your truck and send you on your way with a warranty. The Ford Warranty is voided but Roush picks it up on the parts they replace and anything Ford dropped because of their MOD. That is a plus of going with Roush.

I think even knowing that I would do it myself get VMP to tune it and walk away with some extra coin in my pocket in case something goes wrong.

http://www.montrosefordakron.com/
Old 10-26-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer15
Yes to everything I believe. FWIW, ive only seen like 5 or 6 mustangs over the years on car lots, and only one f150 (saleen). So I don't think its going to be easy, that's why I said next to impossible lol.

Personally, I think Roush sucks for a lot of reasons (in general, not in this application specifically). I would buy a normal truck, put a whipple on it, and never look back. Just a personal opinion.

But if you are wanting something with a "real warranty", I would get something totally stock. Out of what you listed, the Powerstroke is the best option if you are looking for a warranty truck IMO.

Otherwise buy a F150, do full bolt on EB or Whipple 5.0, don't worry about the warranty, and enjoy. You can still get all the non powertrain related issues covered, its not like the whole warranty is gone. And the chances of blowing a motor with a proven set up is very slim. With a powerstroke being every bit of 55k for a Lariat, you could almost get into a platinum f150 with a whipple for the same costs.
Lot of misinformation here. Roush will warranty if the dealer is a certified Roush dealer. Same with Ford. That is a "real" warranty. That is exactly why I chose to order a truck and have Roush install the supercharger. Whipple does a similar setup, but they don't have the deal with Ford the same way. You have to get compensated back after their supercharger causes a failure. Either Roush or Whipple, but Roush or TVS still has the fastest drag slip on the street right now. I went Roush because of their reputation of standing behind their products and so far after needing to retune..I am very happy with their response.