What's a fair price? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a fair price?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hanover, Md
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What's a fair price?

I was trying to purchase a new leftover 2014 Screw 5.0 FX4 4x4 loaded except for moonroof,Nav. and 20" rims. It was 50,165 sticker and offered them 39k out the door. They wouldn't deal. Even though its been on their lot for a year now!
Looking at 2015's now. What would be a fair offer for this truck before tax,tags and all other fees. The state I live in has a 6% sales tax and about a 330 dollar processing fee.
Here's the sticker http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FB95938&ref=VL
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
JAB5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 323
Thanked 53 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Aren't they going for about $8 to 10k off now in trucks close to that config? I'm thinking you could get that close to $38-$39k.

Good Luck, Ruby Red looks great on these.
Johnnymossville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,216
Thanked 196 Times in 154 Posts
Default

I'm interested in what a fair offer is for the truck too. I'd guess $37-$42...?
News in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5.0 View Post
I was trying to purchase a new leftover 2014 Screw 5.0 FX4 4x4 loaded except for moonroof,Nav. and 20" rims. It was 50,165 sticker and offered them 39k out the door. They wouldn't deal. Even though its been on their lot for a year now!
Looking at 2015's now. What would be a fair offer for this truck before tax,tags and all other fees. The state I live in has a 6% sales tax and about a 330 dollar processing fee.
Here's the sticker http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FB95938&ref=VL
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Fair is what a willing seller and buyer both agree to. I personally think it should be cheaper, but did they counter at all?
OthyATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,216
Thanked 196 Times in 154 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymossville View Post
Aren't they going for about $8 to 10k off now in trucks close to that config? I'm thinking you could get that close to $38-$39k.

Good Luck, Ruby Red looks great on these.
A nearby dealer is advertising $11k off. I'm not sure if everyone qualifies for all the rebates, fine print, etc, etc,
News in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5.0 View Post
I was trying to purchase a new leftover 2014 Screw 5.0 FX4 4x4 loaded except for moonroof,Nav. and 20" rims. It was 50,165 sticker and offered them 39k out the door. They wouldn't deal. Even though its been on their lot for a year now!
Looking at 2015's now. What would be a fair offer for this truck before tax,tags and all other fees. The state I live in has a 6% sales tax and about a 330 dollar processing fee.
Here's the sticker http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FB95938&ref=VL
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I bought the same truck, 2015, with a $48,500 MSRP for $34,800.

For me to buy a 14, it would need to have been about $27,500.

That dealer is an idiot for not taking your offer.
hosseface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hosseface For This Useful Post:
Johnnymossville (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
PPPPPuppy Power
iTrader: (1)
 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 4,710
Thanked 584 Times in 463 Posts
Default What's a fair price?

In Minnesota, that truck would be 38500 plus tax title license.

5000 in rebates, plus the dealer discount to get that price. If you have a 1,000 private certificate, it would reduce the price another grand.

Every state seems different, and take some of these numbers that people will post with a grain of salt.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scrappy Doo For This Useful Post:
Johnnymossville (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hanover, Md
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know in my area(Maryland) it's up to 10,479 in rebates. 3425 of it is dealer money. Question is, is that seperate from trying to negotiate from invoice? I'd like to try and start at 500 dollars below invoice then add all the rebates into it. Some dealers in maryland are offering between 12k to 15,355 off of msrp. But, I'm not sure if I qualify for all of them. I'm not trading anything in. Not a recent college grad. But I am a police officer but not a member of that particular union they give the 500 bucks discount too!
JAB5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
quintonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5.0 View Post
I know in my area(Maryland) it's up to 10,479 in rebates. 3425 of it is dealer money. Question is, is that seperate from trying to negotiate from invoice? I'd like to try and start at 500 dollars below invoice then add all the rebates into it. Some dealers in maryland are offering between 12k to 15,355 off of msrp. But, I'm not sure if I qualify for all of them. I'm not trading anything in. Not a recent college grad. But I am a police officer but not a member of that particular union they give the 500 bucks discount too!
That truck's invoice would be around $43k. In my area there would be around $4700 in rebates putting you at $38,300.
quintonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
quintonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosseface View Post
I bought the same truck, 2015, with a $48,500 MSRP for $34,800.

For me to buy a 14, it would need to have been about $27,500.

That dealer is an idiot for not taking your offer.
Will you break down the details of your deal? Did you have a trade in?
quintonh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 2014 Lariat Price? jdmredraider 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 10 12-09-2015 11:52 PM
Transmission shop says I need new transmission replacement, TCC solenoid bad? alnen 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 18 10-06-2015 11:07 AM
International: 2013 F150 FX4 6.2L SuperCab *LOADED* + **Extras** schissler 2009 - 2014 Truck Sales 5 10-05-2015 02:54 PM
North Central: Car Audio stuff for sale Phil1 General F150 Items 1 09-28-2015 09:07 AM
I think I found my next truck, but a couple of questions... biscuit141 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 12 09-10-2015 04:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: