Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the most functional bed cover

Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the most functional bed cover

2016 f150 limited
Old 12-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Concrete Cowboy

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

If you have the money, I stumbled across a company called renegade covers. I spoke with the guys and they are good down to earth fella's who seem to have a passion for their designs.

That being said, it is expensive because they are still custom building. Everyone on here seems to really like their Bakflip MX4. I have the F1 and like it.

That being said, covers are very subjective as far as what you are wanting to get out of it. My last truck I just wanted something I could throw on and off when I thought it might rain and I was hauling stuff that couldn't get wet. Now I don't haul as much bed fulls of stuff and wanted a bed cover that offered more security than something like a soft tonneau.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 426 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by FlawedXJ
If you have the money, I stumbled across a company called renegade covers. I spoke with the guys and they are good down to earth fella's who seem to have a passion for their designs.

That being said, it is expensive because they are still custom building. Everyone on here seems to really like their Bakflip MX4. I have the F1 and like it.

That being said, covers are very subjective as far as what you are wanting to get out of it. My last truck I just wanted something I could throw on and off when I thought it might rain and I was hauling stuff that couldn't get wet. Now I don't haul as much bed fulls of stuff and wanted a bed cover that offered more security than something like a soft tonneau.
Excellent post and totally agree. The best style of cover is dictated by how and what the OP needs from one...........
Old 12-23-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I agree. ^^
My requirements were to be able to access the bed from both sides and back without exposing the entire bed to the rain when doing to. Also the ability to put things on top if required. I ended up with a dry bed and a very secure cover. Diamondback 270. Not one regret.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Very Happy with my Rough Country Tri-Fold.

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-23-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

For me, the most functional is the Diamondback SE I have on my current 2017 F150. Easy access front or back and seems very secure. So far no leaks and I can remove the panels pretty easily myself if necessary. I had an Undercover Classic on my ‘09 Tundra and it was okay, but awkward to remove. Both hinges and two lock sets failed in nine years.

Last edited by ProfessorP; 12-23-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

What is the best engine?

What are the best tires?

What...

Depends on usage. Read the forum instead of joining and asking. Discussed all day long. Soft covers, trifold covers, rolling covers, one piece lift up covers, ...
Old 12-23-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
What is the best engine?

What are the best tires?

What...

Depends on usage. Read the forum instead of joining and asking. Discussed all day long. Soft covers, trifold covers, rolling covers, one piece lift up covers, ...
You on your period today? You didn't like thread on what plant was your truck made at also. I didn't who was referred to as Mr.Negative. The light is shining today.
The following 2 users liked this post by tinner1:
ecoboost clark (12-24-2017), LBStx (07-25-2018)
Old 12-23-2017, 04:46 PM
NIGHTMARE

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tinner1
You on your period today? You didn't like thread on what plant was your truck made at also. I didn't who was referred to as Mr.Negative. The light is shining today.
I agree with you 100%.
Did they ever think that if you created a topic that every time someone commented you would get an email and link to go directly to your thread and read all the comments instead of trolling the pages all day long looking for that one answer to your question.
People need to move on if they don’t like the multiple posts, I mean come on you ALL know you did it and still do.

I for one do not want to read through 300 plus pages to find what I’m looking for.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:49 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Hill.Hudson@gmail.co
2016 f150 limited
Not knowing how you use your truck makes it a little hard.
I had caps on my past trucks, decided to go with a tonneau cover this time.
My main concerns were security & keeping water out of the bed.
I went with a Leer 550, & am happy with the results so far.

The following users liked this post:
soflofx4 (12-24-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what is the most functional bed cover