Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, lets see how this goes (warranty work)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Well, lets see how this goes (warranty work)

I've seen a ton of posts on warranty issues, so why not throw mine into the mix. Background, I have the Sync 3 system on Ver. 2.0. It's worked great since I got the truck in Sept, but recently I was having random freezes and drops when I had my phone plugged in, using AA for navigation. This past weekend, it stopped altogether. I tried multiple USB cables and other phones, including Android and iPhone. Neither worked. On the advice I got in the Sync 3 stickie, I called the dealer today and told them about my issues. It was suggested here that it might be the APIM, but I didn't mention that, just told them what the issues were, what troubleshooting I did, didn't know if it was hardware or software (I am aware Ver. 2.2 is out).

Dealer doesn't have any available openings until next Thursday, which unfortunately doesn't work, as I'm heading to Surf City for the weekend. So I have an appointment the following weekend on the 8th at 0900. Until then, I will be using my phone screen for navigation I'm tempted to just buy the APIM that supports navigation and be done with it, but I'm trying to save money right now, so I'll wait and see what the dealer says. If I don't like what they have to say, I'll try another. Hoping they'll take care of me, since I bought the truck there. I will keep ya'll updated on the progress when I have something.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

So your phone is ***Led up and and you want ford to replace your radio?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Have you tried a master reset of Sync3?

Have you tried a reset of your phone?

After you have done all that, if you haven't already, you may need to reestablish all your connection settings?

I would start there and maybe your navigation to Surf City won't be on the phone, but on Sync3.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by fafafooey
So your phone is ***Led up and and you want ford to replace your radio?
You don't read to well do you? Multiple phones not working rules out the phone being the issue. Now if other phones worked, then you could say it's my phone.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by remltr
Have you tried a master reset of Sync3?

Have you tried a reset of your phone?

After you have done all that, if you haven't already, you may need to reestablish all your connection settings?

I would start there and maybe your navigation to Surf City won't be on the phone, but on Sync3.
I have not tried a reset of Sync 3. Didn't know that was an option. I'll look up the process and try it out.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jonm1911
You don't read to well do you?
I read well enough to figure out you fuclked it up and are trying to get Ford to fix your f-up.

All sympathy to you bro... That's what you are looking for right?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:47 PM

I read well enough to figure out you fuclked it up and are trying to get Ford to fix your f-up.

All sympathy to you bro... That's what you are looking for right?
Yeah I ****ed it up by plugging a phone into a truck. Its a wonder how ive survived in the IT field with such ****ty knowledge of electronics. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, why the **** are you in it?

And no one asked for sympathy, I said I would keep people updated on a warranty issue. The **** is your deal anyway?
Old 06-22-2017, 08:18 PM

It's like you want it to work as advertised.. It's known that it doesn't. Are you going to be that guy who demands the features to work like the should?

Curious, do you have an alcohol interlock deal installed on your vehicle?
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Save the Manuals!

Received 1,058 Likes on 492 Posts

It's like you want it to work as advertised.. It's known that it doesn't. Are you going to be that guy who demands the features to work like the should?

Curious, do you have an alcohol interlock deal installed on your vehicle?
Back from your vacation i see... I'm betting the Mods will send you on another with posts like that one.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by gatorblue92
I'm betting the Mods will send you on another
You know what they say, bet in one hand, ptarmigan in the other...