Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Weathertechs OR Huskey Mats Necessary?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Are Weathertechs OR Huskey Mats Necessary?

Guys,

I know a lot of you have them but are they really necessary? I live in TX and it doesn't snow here nor am I walking through mud really ever.

I know people/websites say they protect the carpet but is it really necessary if you already have the factory carpet mats?

Please answer and let me know!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 PM

Also, in 5 years once the truck is paid off and I wanted to sell, couldn't i just shampoo the carpets and they would be good as new? I just don't understand if spending $200 on some plastic liners is really necessary. By the way I am very meticulous about cleaning my truck and wash it maybe 1-2 times a week. Any detailed input is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:07 PM

Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts
Cool

Well I live in Texas as well and in my opinion they are 100% necessary to have.

We have a concrete driveway, my wife parks on concrete at work, almost everywhere we go is concrete, and there is still a ton of sand that makes onto the top of the liners.

I order the liners as soon as I purchase a new vehicle.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Inherit my life

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

I decided against the factory because they don't cover under the accelerator. Why I have no idea. I decided to try the 3D maxpiders on Amazon and I really like them. Perfect fit and I got all 3 for my supercab for $160. Not that this is relevant to your question but just in case you decide to check some out...
The following users liked this post:
Gasser55 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I really like the fitment of mine and cleaning is a breeze with them. With carpet mats you have to get them out, beat them, wash them, scrub them, and etc. With the plastic liner you just have to take a hose to them and if you want them to look shiny you can use some armor all. And if you ever have a really bad mess (such as a horrible spill, vomit, and etc.) the plastic mats are going to minimize the damage/smell far better than the stock mats. Mine will actually hold water rather than just having it run off onto the carpet.

I get it, the price tag sucks. If you want to get some of your money back you could always keep the stock mats in storage and when you trade/sell it put the stock mats back in. Then sell your plastic liner mats for half price somewhere. Someone will probably pick them up for that especially if you don't abuse your truck like you say. I have Weathertechs and like them, but you would be just as happy with the Husky's especially if you already got their wheel well liners.
tomasulo (01-14-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

There are other rubber/plastic mats that are ok, but the Weathertech and Huskey brand mats are very high quality.
I have the lower-priced Weathertech mats in my truck. Not bottom of the line, but the step below the top of the line ones.
They last for many years, and keep the carpet underneath clean.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by wme735
I really like the fitment of mine and cleaning is a breeze with them. With carpet mats you have to get them out, beat them, wash them, scrub them, and etc. With the plastic liner you just have to take a hose to them and if you want them to look shiny you can use some armor all. And if you ever have a really bad mess (such as a horrible spill, vomit, and etc.) the plastic mats are going to minimize the damage/smell far better than the stock mats. Mine will actually hold water rather than just having it run off onto the carpet.

I get it, the price tag sucks. If you want to get some of your money back you could always keep the stock mats in storage and when you trade/sell it put the stock mats back in. Then sell your plastic liner mats for half price somewhere. Someone will probably pick them up for that especially if you don't abuse your truck like you say. I have Weathertechs and like them, but you would be just as happy with the Husky's especially if you already got their wheel well liners.

But does a plastic liner take away from the classiness of the truck? I think the carpet mats look very elegant. I know sounds cheesy but its how I feel. Im just trying to really find out if the high price tag is worth it...
Old 01-10-2018, 10:24 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,579 Likes on 6,196 Posts

LOL, is any of this necessary??

AMP Powersteps, Debaged Tailgate emblems,Rear Husky,wheel well liners,Stubby antenna,2.25 front leveling kit,FOX 2.0 rear performance shocks,Katzskin leather,BFG KO2 275-65-20,Magnaflow muffler,Gator bed cover,5% rear windshield tint,Ford OEM tailgate assist
LED headlights, fog lights & license plate lights, Spray in bed liner

Of course they are not necessary, but they help to protect your depreciating asset.
Sherlock (01-15-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Summers22
LOL, is any of this necessary??

AMP Powersteps, Debaged Tailgate emblems,Rear Husky,wheel well liners,Stubby antenna,2.25 front leveling kit,FOX 2.0 rear performance shocks,Katzskin leather,BFG KO2 275-65-20,Magnaflow muffler,Gator bed cover,5% rear windshield tint,Ford OEM tailgate assist
LED headlights, fog lights & license plate lights, Spray in bed liner

Of course they are not necessary, but they help to protect your depreciating asset.
Lol yeah I had that coming. I just have invested so much in the truck already I didn't know if I should have ordered the mats first or need them
Summers22 (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 10:26 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by philipcruz
But does a plastic liner take away from the classiness of the truck? I think the carpet mats look very elegant. I know sounds cheesy but its how I feel. Im just trying to really find out if the high price tag is worth it...
I like the look of mine. I have black mats on a black interior. I believe they do have the tan if you are looking to match that kind of interior. I guess I could see what you are saying about the stock mats. They make it look "new" and "clean", but unfortunately the elements (or worst your occupants) don't care about that. The Weathertechs and Husky look like they belong in the truck as they are laser fitted. I don't think you will be sorry that you made the investment, it just might take a bit to wrap your head around it since you love the carpet look.

As for the above comment. The first thing I ordered were my Weathertechs with the Line-X coming right after.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are Weathertechs OR Huskey Mats Necessary?