Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak....Dealer Can't Find

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water Leak....Dealer Can't Find

Bought my 2017 King Ranch 6.5' bed on 6/23 after negotiating with 3 different dealers. Finally got the deal I was looking for at a dealer 50 miles from where I live.

Had a few complaints after driving it for a week but none as bad as the water leak I found July 4th after a rain storm over night. Got in the truck and put it in drive and as I pulled off water dumped on my feet from underneath the steering wheel. I called the dealer on the 5th and told them I had a problem. They couldn't find me a rental until that evening when I couldn't get over there in time to pick it up.

Of course, it rained again that night and as soon as the rain stopped I went and tested the leak again. Same thing, so I knew I wasn't crazy.

Took it to the dealer July 6th and showed them the pictures of the two separate occasions. They've had it since that day and tell me the they can't get it to leak at all. They say they've tried everything including soaking it in the wash bay for an hour. The service manager tells me he believes it's leaking but can't do anything.

To say I'm frustrated is an incredible understatement. Going to talk with the general manager on Monday, which the service manager told me would be useless because he doesn't deal with fixing cars. Looking for any advice from anyone who has dealt with this kind of thing before. Call me crazy but I really don't want to drive a 65,000 dollar truck around that I know is leaking.
Attached Thumbnails Water Leak....Dealer Can't Find-img_0765.jpg   Water Leak....Dealer Can't Find-img_0776.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Somebody else on here just had similar issue- water in the foot well by the steering column. A rubber grommet was missing on some harness on the firewall.

See here: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/water...models-388255/

A rubber grommet was missing on some harness on the firewall.
The following 2 users liked this post by Joeyd6:
jreusink (07-16-2017), vintageman (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

Had this exact same issue a couple months ago, got in my truck after a big rainstorm and first neighborhood speed bump, water fell all over my left foot. Took it to the dealership fro them to check and they say they cannot find a leak. I am gonna check out the thread that Joeyd6 linked and if they have found the answer, take it straight to the dealership. Good luck with finding your leak, if I get mine found, I will post here.

Tom
The following users liked this post:
jreusink (07-17-2017)