Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasn't impressed with the close up look of a '15 F150

Old 01-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Default Wasn't impressed with the close up look of a '15 F150

Went to the local dealer to get my oil changed and they had 4 2015 F150's. 2 - 2.7s and 2 - 5.0s. They just came in.

Went over to take a closer look and was surprised.

My personal thoughts. I'm not looking to get bashed, just want to express my thoughts.

Comparing to the 2011-14 body style... I didn't like the hood lines.
2011-14: the center of the hood goes up...looks more mean.
2015: the center of the hood goes down.

Corners are more round on the '15.

I dunno... Just didn't like the body lines.

Walked around and knocked on the panels...top panels (hood/roof) sounded like steel...side panels sounded like plastic. All were solid but just sounded different.

I walked into the showroom and saw another one from 50-60 feet away looking at it from an angle towards the back passenger side and I have to say, I honestly wondered why they would have a Tundra in the showroom at a Ford dealer.

Been a member of this forum since I bought my 2011 and thought the "looks like a Tundra" posts were stupid but after seeing the truck from that angle...hmmm.

I like the '11-'14 look better...just looks tougher, meaner and more rugged to me.

I certainly understand the smoother lines for wind resistance/mpg gains but after looking at the truck, the aluminum panels, sleeker lines, I am disappointed the mpg gains are not more.

All-in-all, it didn't blow my socks off like I thought it would.

Its a beautiful truck but I think I'll wait a while before moving.

May expand my searching and look more closely at the Rams. Just wish they'd work on the low payload situation.

In any case, I'm still a year or two away.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
The following users liked this post:
motorshooter (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 01:46 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

I feel the opppsite, the 15s look badass and tough.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:52 PM
OBGYN

Received 118 Likes on 54 Posts

Lol!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 797 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by justjimmy
Went to the local dealer to get my oil changed and they had 4 2015 F150's. 2 - 2.7s and 2 - 5.0s. They just came in. Went over to take a closer look and was surprised. My personal thoughts. I'm not looking to get bashed, just want to express my thoughts. Comparing to the 2011-14 body style... I didn't like the hood lines. 2011-14: the center of the hood goes up...looks more mean. 2015: the center of the hood goes down. Corners are more round on the '15. I dunno... Just didn't like the body lines. Walked around and knocked on the panels...top panels (hood/roof) sounded like steel...side panels sounded like plastic. All were solid but just sounded different. I walked into the showroom and saw another one from 50-60 feet away looking at it from an angle towards the back passenger side and I have to say, I honestly wondered why they would have a Tundra in the showroom at a Ford dealer. Been a member of this forum since I bought my 2011 and thought the "looks like a Tundra" posts were stupid but after seeing the truck from that angle...hmmm. I like the '11-'14 look better...just looks tougher, meaner and more rugged to me. I certainly understand the smoother lines for wind resistance/mpg gains but after looking at the truck, the aluminum panels, sleeker lines, I am disappointed the mpg gains are not more. All-in-all, it didn't blow my socks off like I thought it would. Its a beautiful truck but I think I'll wait a while before moving. May expand my searching and look more closely at the Rams. Just wish they'd work on the low payload situation. In any case, I'm still a year or two away. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
the 2015 looks pretty close to the atlas concept which came out before the tundra... Just wasn't mass produced
Old 01-10-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
I feel the opppsite, the 15s look badass and tough.
Exactly!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Truck Newb

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I couldn't disagree with you more... Get in one and DRIVE it. Unless you're the type that just likes to look at your trucks through the window.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,113 Likes on 2,823 Posts

Originally Posted by justjimmy
Went to the local dealer to get my oil changed and they had 4 2015 F150's. 2 - 2.7s and 2 - 5.0s. They just came in.

Went over to take a closer look and was surprised.

My personal thoughts. I'm not looking to get bashed, just want to express my thoughts.

Comparing to the 2011-14 body style... I didn't like the hood lines.
2011-14: the center of the hood goes up...looks more mean.
2015: the center of the hood goes down.

Corners are more round on the '15.

I dunno... Just didn't like the body lines.

Walked around and knocked on the panels...top panels (hood/roof) sounded like steel...side panels sounded like plastic. All were solid but just sounded different.

I walked into the showroom and saw another one from 50-60 feet away looking at it from an angle towards the back passenger side and I have to say, I honestly wondered why they would have a Tundra in the showroom at a Ford dealer.

Been a member of this forum since I bought my 2011 and thought the "looks like a Tundra" posts were stupid but after seeing the truck from that angle...hmmm.

I like the '11-'14 look better...just looks tougher, meaner and more rugged to me.

I certainly understand the smoother lines for wind resistance/mpg gains but after looking at the truck, the aluminum panels, sleeker lines, I am disappointed the mpg gains are not more.

All-in-all, it didn't blow my socks off like I thought it would.

Its a beautiful truck but I think I'll wait a while before moving.

May expand my searching and look more closely at the Rams. Just wish they'd work on the low payload situation.

In any case, I'm still a year or two away.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
agreed..im not a fan either
Old 01-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by BooSSted
I couldn't disagree with you more... Get in one and DRIVE it. Unless you're the type that just likes to look at your trucks through the window.
Most buy vehicles based off looks... And it's a truck. I'm not getting a truck for driving quality.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

i think they did a pretty good job on the design. Some like it some don't. You like the old one better, then don't sell it for a new one. I personally had an 08 and I fine the 04-08 style much nicer than the 09-14. I think this truck could be bad *** looking if you want, but i like how refined it looks. Coming from an xlt into a Lariat, it's fitting. By the the way, this truck drives amazing, butter smooth and obviously capable
Old 01-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Did not drive one...that's why I commented only on the looks.

I'm sure they drive awesome.

Also, I personally DO like to look at trucks through the window.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wasn't impressed with the close up look of a '15 F150