Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty History and Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 AM

Received 156 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Warranty History and Lemon Law

All,

My 16 XLT has been in the shop repeatedly for the frozen door handles. I'm heading in today for my 4th repair attempt... on top of three visits for the leaking sunroof, and waiting on parts to replace the warped dashboard.

My question is, I keep asking my service adviser for detailed breakdown of my warranty history and he keeps saying my warranty ticket is still "open" and has nothing to print out for me. How can I obtain this information?

I'm attempting to gather my information together in case I decide to proceed with a lemon law claim. In New York, the truck needs to be out of service for 30 days or 4 failed attempts at a repair. My dealer trip today is the 4th attempt to fix the door but until I can access some sort of database I have no idea how many days my truck has been at ford. I have to be coming up on 20 days, I'm getting tired of walking to the car rental place, and under NY Lemon Law I'd be looking at a near full refund (minus $700 for mileage) including purchase fees and taxes. I would essentially have owned the truck for free for 20 months and would have a substantial down payment on another vehicle should I move forward.

My request to Ford was to extend my bumper to bumper warranty to 7 years because of all the issues I have, and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, leaving me with even less confidence in the brand.

Maybe someone has more access and I could pass along my VIN? I tried logging onto myford and all it shows is my oil change history.

Thanks

Lou

Last edited by Sweetlou; 02-09-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Received 145 Likes on 132 Posts

Hmmmm...I kept a log of all my door latch saga info. Maybe try the rental car place to get records of when you were in a rental car to match up with when your truck was in the shop?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

For each visit, tell them you want a copy of the work order that was completed. They cannot refuse. Has nothing to do with "warranty history", whatever that is.

Each state has specific requirements. https://ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/ne...emon-law-q%26a 18,000 miles and 2 years from date of purchase for the # of repairs counter in NY.

You cannot get any repair history online yourself. No one from Ford visits this site.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Rick, I requested a copy of the repair order but because my issue is still "unresolved" and not closed out, they cannot print it, so they say.

I had a member PM me requesting my VIN. Now I just need to figure out if he is legit or some Somali terrorist trying to steal my credit info
Old 02-09-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

Talk to the service manager (and higher up if necessary) and ask for a copy of your truck's history in OASIS, they're obligated to provide it to you.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TexasFording
Talk to the service manager (and higher up if necessary) and ask for a copy of your truck's history in OASIS, they're obligated to provide it to you.
Bingo. Thank you. The service manager has been involved since repair attempt #2 so I will ask the magic words.

Lou
Old 02-09-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweetlou
Rick, I requested a copy of the repair order but because my issue is still "unresolved" and not closed out, they cannot print it, so they say.

I had a member PM me requesting my VIN. Now I just need to figure out if he is legit or some Somali terrorist trying to steal my credit info
Sorry, that's BS. They can hand write a receipt if nothing else.

Every time I bring my vehicle in, they create a work order, and I have to sign it. Then, when the vehicle is done, I ask for a receipt showing what they did. I then staple the two together.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check with you State about Lemon Law as it most of the time Drive ability and safety issues not cosmetic.
The following users liked this post:
Taggart (01-03-2023)
Old 02-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Received 216 Likes on 183 Posts

Might seem like a dumb question, but did you try to escalate your issue (talk to the supervisor, director or DG)? Wouldn't see why they'd refuse to give you that - they will end up having to anyways, if you file a claim.

You'll need to figure out if you're eligible first.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RCPower
Check with you State about Lemon Law as it most of the time Drive ability and safety issues not cosmetic.
Door latches were recalled because they pose a safety risk... so I would assume it would qualify.

Leaky sunroof, doesn't seem like it is cosmetic.

Dash, that seems cosmetic

Quick Reply: Warranty History and Lemon Law