Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Void Warranty if Roush Charged?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Void Warranty if Roush Charged?

My 5.0L 4X4 Crew 150 has arrived at the dealership ( about and hour ago) My quest for horsepower is a sickness especially after coming from the hot rod diesel world. I called the local Roush dealer and asked them if Id void my warranty if they installed the TVS/Roush blower. He said No warranty if aftermarket parts are installed...I said How do you warranty a Roush mustang Stage 3? He said I probably needed to speak to Ford.

Murfreesboro Tn dealership claims full warranty on Youtube.

Any ideas or experiences ?

Shawn
Old 06-20-2016, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

The only warranty you void is on the engine and associated things. They'd have to proof the SC caused the issue if you had to go in for service. If your brakes went out, that's under warranty for example since it has nothing to do with the engine.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Get it!!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In the mustang world, Roush warrants what Ford voids when you add the supercharger.

Looks like it is an optional warranty for the F150, for an additional $995 you get a limited warranty for 3 years/36,000 miles as based on the miles and date you originally took delivery of your F150...
http://www.roushperformance.com/lega...ty-Upgrade.pdf

Last edited by danzcool; 06-20-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

Roush and whipple both offer add-on warranties. Buying roush doesn't get you special treatment with ford. In fact, ford chose whipple for the cobra jet race car.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 AM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Originally Posted by zo6madman
My 5.0L 4X4 Crew 150 has arrived at the dealership ( about and hour ago) My quest for horsepower is a sickness especially after coming from the hot rod diesel world. I called the local Roush dealer and asked them if Id void my warranty if they installed the TVS/Roush blower. He said No warranty if aftermarket parts are installed...I said How do you warranty a Roush mustang Stage 3? He said I probably needed to speak to Ford.

Murfreesboro Tn dealership claims full warranty on Youtube.

Any ideas or experiences ?

Shawn
"He" said the warranty is void. Is that your Salesman or the Service Dept? In most cases Ford does not void your warranty because of a modification but they can deny a specific claim if it is determined that the modification is a contributing factor or is directly related to the root cause of a failure. I have found most Ford/Roush dealers are very mod friendly when it comes to warranty as long as the owner hasn't modified the vehicle beyond the Roush supercharger installation to include Roush's calibration. If it is anticipated that Ford will deny a specific warranty claim and the owner purchased Roush's Limited Powertrain warranty, most claims can be submitted to Roush for warranty consideration as long as Roush is notified prior to repairs commencing. Nonetheless there is always the possibility that Ford may deny a claim and Roush will not participate in the expense of the repair. That is the risk you take with any modification.

Originally Posted by danzcool
In the mustang world, Roush warrants what Ford voids when you add the supercharger.

Looks like it is an optional warranty for the F150, for an additional $995 you get a limited warranty for 3 years/36,000 miles as based on the miles and date you originally took delivery of your F150...
http://www.roushperformance.com/lega...ty-Upgrade.pdf
I also looked into Roush's Limited Powertrain Warranty as well. As previously stated the warranty starts at the time of new vehicle delivery. That poses a problem for those of us that choose to install a Roush supercharger after delivery. If your like me and are already 1 year into ownership, that warranty still would start from the vehicle's original delivery date. Therefore in my case the warranty actually is only a 2 year warranty and the cost of the warranty is not prorated.

The Roush Limited Powertrain Warranty only applies to their Phase 1 kit. If you purchase a Phase 2 kit the warranty can not be purchased or if you upgrade from Phase 1 to Phase 2 anytime during the Roush Limited Powertrain Warranty time period, the balance of the warranty is void.

Moral to the story, install the supercharger at time of new vehicle delivery and chose the Phase 1 kit or elect to have limited coverage if installed after delivery date or no coverage if installation or upgraded to Phase 2.

Last edited by tmcolegr; 06-21-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Ford will not work with Roush on the factory warranty but they do with Shelby, at least on the mustangs, not sure about the F150 super snake. Probley do on it also.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
The only warranty you void is on the engine and associated things. They'd have to proof the SC caused the issue if you had to go in for service. .
Dealers do not have to "prove" anything. They simply say, warranty denied (and put a block on your VIN). Once the dealer denies, the ball is in your court, good luck.
The following users liked this post:
mbell (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
The only warranty you void is on the engine and associated things. They'd have to proof the SC caused the issue if you had to go in for service. If your brakes went out, that's under warranty for example since it has nothing to do with the engine.
It is incorrect to say that Ford would have to prove the modification CAUSED the failure. If it's even reasonable that it COULD have caused the failure then that's enough. Roush Mustang's have always had 2 separate warranties. Ford provided warranty on the vehicle in general and Roush provided warranty on all areas affected by their product as well as their parts. If Roush says no warranty I'd listen to them, that means THEY aren't going warrant a failure.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtpilot
Dealers do not have to "prove" anything. They simply say, warranty denied (and put a block on your VIN). Once the dealer denies, the ball is in your court, good luck.
Lots of people don't get this
The following users liked this post:
Takeda (06-22-2016)

Quick Reply: Void Warranty if Roush Charged?