Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Usb and Seat protectors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Usb and Seat protectors.

So my trip to Hobby Lobby with the wife went a little different than I planned( no complaints). I have a Sandisk ultrafit usb that I stored my music on in my 2010 F150, but this 2017 one says it uses too much power please unplug. Anyone else had this issue with the new sync 3? Also what is everyone with 3 kids seats in the back using for seat protectors?
Attached Thumbnails Usb and Seat protectors.-img_20170324_131859269_hdr.jpg   Usb and Seat protectors.-150woot.jpg   Usb and Seat protectors.-150wt.jpg  
Old 03-25-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a Samsung 128GB USB 3.0 (Flash Drive Fit (MUF-128BB/AM), sometimes it will post an error message when I plug it in, but if I leave it in it will eventually recognize and then it sorts through all the folders and all is good. Maybe try leaving it and seeing if it will work? I only have the issue if I pull it to load more tunes on it. I'm running a late build '16 XLT if that makes any difference.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by DogHauler; 03-25-2017 at 04:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasM (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

I have a 64GB Lexar JumpDrive that I use. I have 50GB of music on it. I thought I had a problem with the devise when I first bought it but it turned out to be the head unit I had it plugged into. Lexar was ready to ship me a new one when I found out the problem was not theirs.

May be time for an updated usb. You might want to have a backup of your music files anyway. Hard drives die and usb's do too.YMMV
Old 03-25-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have cloth seats and want leather. I have a 2 year old and a -4 day old. I don't use protectors for two reasons. First, nothing goes into in my wife's cars nor in my truck that will cause a mess. Second, when the cloth gets messed up, I'm getting leather.

That said, if I got protectors if want them to look really nice. The only thing I've seen are Clazzio, but they're expensive enough that they'd need their own protectors.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Noggin01
I have cloth seats and want leather. I have a 2 year old and a -4 day old. I don't use protectors for two reasons. First, nothing goes into in my wife's cars nor in my truck that will cause a mess. Second, when the cloth gets messed up, I'm getting leather.

That said, if I got protectors if want them to look really nice. The only thing I've seen are Clazzio, but they're expensive enough that they'd need their own protectors.
I also don't allow my children to have anything to eat/drink in my truck, the reason I use protectors is to keep the car seat from damaging the leather. Also there grubby little feet from kicking the back of the front seats. These are what I use, and they seem to be doing a good job.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
ThomasM (03-26-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not so much for food but all of mine have hard plastic car seats that strap down and swinging feet.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

When my truck gets here, I'll look at wet okole for covers. I have a 2013 Acura RDX with light tan leather interior. Acura has their own accessory neoprene (wet suit) style covers that have been great. My kids were 2 years old and a newborn when we got the Acura and they get have food and drink cups all the time back there. When I remove the seat covers occasionally for cleaning, you would think no one's ever used the back seat. Our new truck will have a similar interior, and we want a similar cover back there. It's just safer for my sanity.

Anyone know of other options besides wet okole for neoprene?
ThomasM (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noggin01

Sounds like you are never planning on taking your kids ANYWHERE... Lol... One thing raising 5 kids has taught me - things never go as planned...
Old 03-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Why get covers? Just replace em if they are dirty. With all these people upgrading to Katzkins, seems like there should be someone willing to make you a good deal on slightly used original covers. Or go to a Katzkin dealer and ask for a price on a used/likenew set, they may have a stockroom full.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zukoda
Sounds like you are never planning on taking your kids ANYWHERE... Lol... One thing raising 5 kids has taught me - things never go as planned...
No, I get it. I'm expecting things to get messed up, and plan on getting leather at that time. I'm just not planning on helping then mess it up.