Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unethical Dealers in Houston TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Unethical Dealers in Houston TX

In my search for a new F150, one thing has become very clear -- Houston TX is full of unethical Ford dealers. Here are a few dealers that simply refuse to honor their online advertised pricing on a specific vehicle:

Autonation
Randall Reed
Planet Ford
Baytown Ford
Friendly Ford

All of these dealers attempt to add thousands of dollars on to their advertised online price. It's these dealers and others like them who give the industry a terrible name.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

The online pricing on sites like Cars.com I learned most the time have every incentive known to man on them after talking to my guy at Ford the other day. I called and asked him if they could match an online price he said there was 3 pages of incentives that most people don't qualify for; for example there was one incentive that was if you owned a 1994-2001 Ford Ranger you got some type of discount. But these dealerships do not let you know that until you sit down with them and try to negotiate.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty much standard practice. Read the fine print. They all say only if you qualify for incentives. Nobody qualifies for all incentives
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-02-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah, similar to a lot of dealers. When I bought mine a couple years ago, I missed out on the military discount and the Ford loyalty discount (my trade-in was not a Ford).

So some of those advertised prices, you would have to meet every single criteria to be eligible for that price.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Learner
The online pricing on sites like Cars.com I learned most the time have every incentive known to man on them after talking to my guy at Ford the other day. I called and asked him if they could match an online price he said there was 3 pages of incentives that most people don't qualify for; for example there was one incentive that was if you owned a 1994-2001 Ford Ranger you got some type of discount. But these dealerships do not let you know that until you sit down with them and try to negotiate.
It's actually worse than that. Even when you qualify for the incentives, they simply just refuse to honor the online price. And then, on top of the new price they demand you pay, they tack on another $1,000+ in "dealer added options" like cheap window tint and wheel locks, and demand you pay that or they won't sell the vehicle. I just had one sales manager tell me over the phone, "Every truck we sell gets these accessories added -- no exceptions!" When I responded that I didn't want any of those accessories, he hung up on me.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sixate
Pretty much standard practice. Read the fine print. They all say only if you qualify for incentives. Nobody qualifies for all incentives
That's not the issue. The issue is that they refuse to honor the price with the incentives that you do qualify for.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:44 PM
邱吉姆

Received 232 Likes on 159 Posts

look elsewhere. I drove 250 miles to get my truck.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by jd50i
look elsewhere. I drove 250 miles to get my truck.
Yep. Best advice. There is too much competition to put up with that. Especially in a large city like Houston.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through the same thing, College station ford & Planet ford have both done it to me even though I called and confirmed the deal with a salesman first over the phone.

I will never go to planet ford again, absolutely awful

I bought my truck in San Antonio @ Northside ford through their fleet sales department, No problems.

I bought my wife's through Russel & Smith & had no problems other than the finance department trying to get me on some insane interest rate, but as soon as I asked they corrected it.

Lesson learned, just do everything over email with fleet or online sales and just show up to the dealer to sign and leave.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

Bought mine at Planet Ford 45, had no problems with any shady pricing schemes.
But, I also found the truck I wanted & had them bring it in (from Planet Ford 59) & had them waive the warranty on their paint/glass/fabric protection to knock around $2k off of it.

PM me & I can put you touch with my sales guy at PF45 or I know a guy (if he's still there) at Gullo in Conroe.