UnderCover Swing Case Truck Toolbox Install - Page 7 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.

UnderCover Swing Case Truck Toolbox Install

 
Old 02-09-2019, 08:28 AM
  #61  
Old Fart
 
remltr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kent WA
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Danielw1 View Post
Can anyone tell me how the lower strap hook works with this? Does it need relocated? I am surprised to not see it mentioned on any of these threads.
Pretty much useless when the cases are in place. Remove the cases to gain access.
remltr is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:09 PM
  #62  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by remltr View Post
Pretty much useless when the cases are in place. Remove the cases to gain access.
dang that might be a deal breaker for me.. has anyone moved that backed tie down anchor with the swing case installed? I may look at doing that
Danielw1 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:20 PM
  #63  
Old Fart
 
remltr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kent WA
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 226 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Danielw1 View Post


dang that might be a deal breaker for me.. has anyone moved that backed tie down anchor with the swing case installed? I may look at doing that
Get some bull rings that install on the top rail at the rear of the bed.
remltr is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM
  #64  
Gunner Retz
Thread Starter
 
gmcretz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Republic of Bye God, TEXAS!
Posts: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Danielw1 View Post
Can anyone tell me how the lower strap hook works with this? Does it need relocated? I am surprised to not see it mentioned on any of these threads.
You can use them with the case installed, but it's a matter of fishing your bungee or strap to it (or you swing the case out of the way). I'm way happier with this swing case than I was with the tool boxes I had for years. I don't regret installing mine for a single second.
gmcretz is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
CurryBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Alexandria, AL
Posts: 1,922
Thanked 452 Times in 321 Posts
Default


Originally Posted by gmcretz View Post
You can use them with the case installed, but it's a matter of fishing your bungee or strap to it (or you swing the case out of the way). I'm way happier with this swing case than I was with the tool boxes I had for years. I don't regret installing mine for a single second.
I love mine too! It has been in my past two F150 trucks.
CurryBob is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:42 PM
  #66  
Member
 
-=KR=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Destin, FL
Posts: 57
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Is there any discernible difference between the "Undercover SwingCase" discussed here and those sold by Ford? When I went to a Ford parts website (Tasca), it shows the swingcase with Ford emblem on it but in the description it says " Pivot storage box by undercover". Are they one and the same? They seem to be priced similarly but vendors other than Ford can get free shipping.
-=KR=- is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:48 PM
  #67  
Moderator
 
SPOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Georgia On My Mind
Posts: 2,122
Thanked 983 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Same box, I'm told.
SPOAT is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to SPOAT For This Useful Post:
-=KR=- (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 03:07 PM
  #68  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 550
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I love my undercover. I put one on the passenger side and a BuiltRight Industries mounting plate on the drivers side.

larryo108 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to larryo108 For This Useful Post:
SPOAT (02-12-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 07:28 PM
  #69  
Gunner Retz
Thread Starter
 
gmcretz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Republic of Bye God, TEXAS!
Posts: 208
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by -=KR=- View Post
Is there any discernible difference between the "Undercover SwingCase" discussed here and those sold by Ford? When I went to a Ford parts website (Tasca), it shows the swingcase with Ford emblem on it but in the description it says " Pivot storage box by undercover". Are they one and the same? They seem to be priced similarly but vendors other than Ford can get free shipping.
It is the same box rebranded for Ford.
gmcretz is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 07:36 PM
  #70  
Member
 
-=KR=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Destin, FL
Posts: 57
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Got it, thanks!
-=KR=- is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: