Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UGLY 2015 headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UGLY 2015 headlight

I love the new 2015, but something that just really bothers me about the truck is the headlights! During the day they look great, but at night when that god awful orange led strip that wraps the outer side of the headlight turns on i want to puke! Can you change that anyway? Is their any aftermarket headlights yet? Any pics of some prototypes in the works? Be best if you could modify the original light somehow, even if you could make the light white instead of orange or something. I know orange has to be there to be legal, but lets face it, orange on headlights is the ugliest part! Why did they make it so huge? They should of went with minimum amount required. So ugly!!!!!!!! Too much orange. i just think its hideous and ruins the look of the truck. I have not had good experience with aftermarket lights, never flow with the lines of the truck like factory
Old 03-17-2015, 06:24 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by dynocompe
I love the new 2015, but something that just really bothers me about the truck is the headlights! During the day they look great, but at night when that god awful orange led strip that wraps the outer side of the headlight turns on i want to puke! Can you change that anyway? Is their any aftermarket headlights yet? Any pics of some prototypes in the works? Be best if you could modify the original light somehow, even if you could make the light white instead of orange or something. I know orange has to be there to be legal, but lets face it, orange on headlights is the ugliest part! Why did they make it so huge? They should of went with minimum amount required. So ugly!!!!!!!! Too much orange. i just think its hideous and ruins the look of the truck. I have not had good experience with aftermarket lights, never flow with the lines of the truck like factory
^^^ OK - we get it - yer pissed.

So - why did you buy the truck?

MGD

PS - you want other heads? Call up one of our supported Retrofitters. I'll let you use the Hideous Googly thang to find 'em.

I gotta go wash my hands now. Bye.

Last edited by MGD; 03-17-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
^^^ OK - we get it - yer pissed. So - why did you buy the truck? MGD PS - you want other heads? Call up one of our supported Retrofitters. I'll let you use the Hideous Googly thang to find 'em. I gotta go wash my hands now. Bye.
I guess everyone's tastes are different, but I think that's a nice look. I won't have them because I didn't want to pay extra for that package, but I sometimes have regrets about that decision. I bet you could find someone (me included) who would switch, but I don't know the logistics of doing that. You would be going from LED to Halogen. I know there are some retro fits that cover the other way around.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:34 PM
MGM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

How about I trade you a set of OEM headlights without the LED strip from a 501 Lariat , that will fix it for you.
The following users liked this post:
DavinciF150 (03-18-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

That why I didn't get that package. I do not want the Orange or the LED. I prefer halogen. Everyone has a personal preference I reckon.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MGD
^^^ OK - we get it - yer pissed.

So - why did you buy the truck?

MGD

PS - you want other heads? Call up one of our supported Retrofitters. I'll let you use the Hideous Googly thang to find 'em.

I gotta go wash my hands now. Bye.
I havent bought the truck, but every model at our Ford dealer has these lights. I was waiting for lower itnerest rates from Ford and of course more options on accessories! I didnt know there was another option with headlights yet. If you are no help, why bother commenting? Are you that attached to your f150?

To the other helpful responders, do the other headlights that dont have the led strip, are they HID low beams? Do you have a link to a photo of the other style of lights at night? What they do they have for a orange prank light?
Old 03-17-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dynocompe
I havent bought the truck, but every model at our Ford dealer has these lights. I was waiting for lower itnerest rates from Ford and of course more options on accessories! I didnt know there was another option with headlights yet. If you are no help, why bother commenting? Are you that attached to your f150? To the other helpful responders, do the other headlights that dont have the led strip, are they HID low beams? Do you have a link to a photo of the other style of lights at night? What they do they have for a orange prank light?

I'll take you one tonight if you want. Someone else might have one already though. I don't mind. I have all halogen headlights and turn lights in my XLT.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 47 Likes on 20 Posts
Default lol

Hahah ya the orange strip is a lil weird but the LED lights make up for it. All cars these days seem to have some kind of odd shaped ancillary lights. I think I'll be tinting the headlights, taillights, windows and dipping the emblems at some point probably.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by terfos
I'll take you one tonight if you want. Someone else might have one already though. I don't mind. I have all halogen headlights and turn lights in my XLT.
Thanks Terfos, I would love to see some photos with the lights oN! If you dont mind!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Drop the nonsense.... Be respectful or stay out of the thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by bobkyle2:
Adobe2X (03-17-2015), dynocompe (03-17-2015)

Quick Reply: UGLY 2015 headlight