Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning 2015 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuning 2015 5.0

So after getting used to the power coming at higher RPM (I had an Eco before), I've fallen in love with the 5.0. Would a programmer make a seat-of-the-pants difference on the 5.0 like it does on the Ecoboost? It seems as though the Ti-VCT doesn't kick in the power until over 3000 RPM
Old 08-22-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't really notice that much difference in power on my 2012.. What I noticed were 6000rpm up shifts, and hard ones at that, and the tires chirping on the 1-2... Was fun, but killer on gas driving like that..

What do you like about the 5.0 vs Eco? Just curious about someone who had both.. Do much towing?
Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitt76
What do you like about the 5.0 vs Eco? Just curious about someone who had both.. Do much towing?
I'm also curious about this. I really wanted the option to get the ECO, but by the time all the incentives came out, all that was left in the package I wanted was the 5.0L. I actually love my 5.0, but I've read some amazing reviews on the ECO.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:30 AM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGame
So after getting used to the power coming at higher RPM (I had an Eco before), I've fallen in love with the 5.0. Would a programmer make a seat-of-the-pants difference on the 5.0 like it does on the Ecoboost? It seems as though the Ti-VCT doesn't kick in the power until over 3000 RPM
Guys,

We have an amazing custom tuning solution for the 2015 F150 5.0 that makes for a much better driving experience all together. I have customer's that tell me they started to regret getting the v8 compared to their previous ecoboost until they loaded our tune. Now they have fallen in love with the 5.0 and said they wouldn't trade it for the world!

The 87 octane performance tune is good for maximum gains of over 20hp and 13tq. Our 93 octane tuning sees maximum gains over 30hp and 32tq! In addition to these performance enhancements, we also spent a great deal of time improving throttle response, part throttle shifting, and working to ensure our updates play well in all 3 driving modes. Coupled with the performance upgrade, these drivability changes make the truck feel greatly improved in day to day usage.

Here is a link below to a customer that enjoyed his new tune enough to throw a review on here as well.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-...s-tune-297659/

Feel free to send us a PM, call , or email and we can get in touch to give you more information or discuss this further.
Click below for more information or to place your orders as well.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/....0L-Tuner.html

Last edited by Livernois Motorsports; 08-22-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

A tune can help improve it, but won't come that close to the Eco due to the way the engines male their power. A high powered tune will get you the closest.... Look for one with more low end torque like mpt or ssi.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DurtySonuva
I'm also curious about this. I really wanted the option to get the ECO, but by the time all the incentives came out, all that was left in the package I wanted was the 5.0L. I actually love my 5.0, but I've read some amazing reviews on the ECO.
I grew to like the 5.0 a lot, but I miss my Eco. I needed a truck (lease was ending) and all we had in stock at work was a 5.0 configured the way I wanted. The Ecoboost's low end torque is diesel-like and borderline addictive when you're towing a trailer. However, the 5.0 makes plenty of power you just have to reach higher to get it

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
Guys,

We have an amazing custom tuning solution for the 2015 F150 5.0 that makes for a much better driving experience all together. I have customer's that tell me they started to regret getting the v8 compared to their previous ecoboost until they loaded our tune. Now they have fallen in love with the 5.0 and said they wouldn't trade it for the world!

The 87 octane performance tune is good for maximum gains of over 20hp and 13tq. Our 93 octane tuning sees maximum gains over 30hp and 32tq! In addition to these performance enhancements, we also spent a great deal of time improving throttle response, part throttle shifting, and working to ensure our updates play well in all 3 driving modes. Coupled with the performance upgrade, these drivability changes make the truck feel greatly improved in day to day usage.

Here is a link below to a customer that enjoyed his new tune enough to throw a review on here as well.

Feel free to send us a PM, call , or email and we can get in touch to give you more information or discuss this further.
Originally Posted by Bullitt76
I didn't really notice that much difference in power on my 2012.. What I noticed were 6000rpm up shifts, and hard ones at that, and the tires chirping on the 1-2... Was fun, but killer on gas driving like that..

Yeah I have a 7000 lb enclosed hooked up to the truck at least 2-3 weekends a month, I drag race. The 5.0 handles the load just fine but the Ecoboost could get it moving from idle without any trouble
Old 08-24-2015, 11:01 AM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
A tune can help improve it, but won't come that close to the Eco due to the way the engines male their power. A high powered tune will get you the closest.... Look for one with more low end torque like mpt or ssi.
I agree the EcoBoost power gains with a tune are unmatched.

I am confused on the low end torque comment though. Have you done a side by side comparison with our 5.0 F150 tuning? Looking at the dyno results on one of the competitor's websites you mentioned it is actually the other way around. Our tune clearly gains more torque earlier, gains more peak torque, and stays there longer for a much more broadened curve. I have put a cursor on the chart below to show at 3500 RPM our tune is making 332 ft lbs and the competitors tune is just hitting the 300 ft lb line barely. The other shop mentioned does not have any charts posted to compare unfortunately. These numbers from our 93 tune below speak for themselves.

Originally Posted by MrGame
I grew to like the 5.0 a lot, but I miss my Eco. I needed a truck (lease was ending) and all we had in stock at work was a 5.0 configured the way I wanted. The Ecoboost's low end torque is diesel-like and borderline addictive when you're towing a trailer. However, the 5.0 makes plenty of power you just have to reach higher to get it

Yeah I have a 7000 lb enclosed hooked up to the truck at least 2-3 weekends a month, I drag race. The 5.0 handles the load just fine but the Ecoboost could get it moving from idle without any trouble
I can assure you that the 5.0 with our tow performance tune would perform like a dream compared to stock. We tow vehicles in a fully enclosed trailer from time to time and can barely tell they are there compared to stock tuning.

Last edited by Livernois Motorsports; 08-24-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tune and shifting

Hey, Livernois. Are you seeing any tuned trucks with the 5th gear to 4th gear hard downshift?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
Guys,

I am interested in the 87 octane tune for sure. I want to know if the factory onboard computers will unlearn some of the tune since they are adaptive in nature.

Also, on your website the below graph is shown but I don't understand why there are two separate sets of data, each with blue, red, and green lines.

Last edited by bigandtall; 09-07-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by bigandtall
Also, on your website the below graph is shown but I don't understand why there are two separate sets of data, each with blue, red, and green lines.

one is torque the other hp
The following users liked this post:
bigandtall (09-07-2015)

Quick Reply: Tuning 2015 5.0